I noticed the known successful traders don't post anymore.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ang_99, Jun 30, 2009.

1. dozu888

dozu888

and the entertainment value is so good, it keeps drawing me back.

you got trolls who didn't get enough hugs from mommie, and now desperately looking for attention as a grown-up

you got cult leaders who keep the newbie sheeps in the clouds

you got wonnabes trading on simulators posting big wins everyday.

you can't buy this stuff if you want to.

#11     Jun 30, 2009
  2. I see good ones around, but none are as active.

#12     Jun 30, 2009
  3. Have you got any lately? There are a few still on here, but
    others spend their time spreading the usual broker/trader
    headfake, and you probably know who I am talking about.
    I have no respect for these type, they are generally low-lifes.

#13     Jun 30, 2009
  4. I love this site, even with the trash. Mostly because it keeps me motivated.

I wish I had friends that liked trading as much as I do and who could tolerate my personal quirks[1], but I don't. This site is what I have, and so I continue to visit.

[1] Namely, some friends are better at tolerating idiotic ideas and persistent stupidity than others. I think I'm a victim of very cyclical thinking and have "phases", and that tends to wear people out. On the internet, I can just get blocked -- in the real world, I get punched in the face.

#14     Jun 30, 2009
  5. LOL:D

#15     Jun 30, 2009
  6. this is awesome...just netted the largest pip trade of my life...exit my GBP/USD short @ 1.6415...got 50 pips...wow...I need to really 'do again and again' what I did right on this trade and reproduce 'over and over'...

just as a side note...this also was my first ever 'non manual' forex trade...meaning I entered and set my exit and 'went on to do normal life' stuff...just checked my account and YES...50 pip profit...this is awesome...beginnning to realise...you 'aint gonna' make any real cash $$ trying to scalp forex...anyone else ever realise this?

#16     Jun 30, 2009
  7. And coming form you, this is expected. :D

Without me, R. Raskonkov doesn't have a life ... on wait, he doesn't have one anyway. :p

#17     Jun 30, 2009
  8. Oxy

Oxy

Well what is the purpose of this site anyway? If you understand that, then there will be no surprise or even disappointment to the absence of such great posters.

For the beginner, sites like this one (and others) should really serve to point new traders into the right direction. They would benefit the most by poking their head in, getting a feel for what is possible and what is a waste of time, then move on. What the successful traders are willing to share has already been shared, and it is up to the learner to take that info for himself, get away from the crutches of sites like this, and trade on his own. There is no possible way a nobody will build himself a long term successful business based solely on a few posts by some anonymous posters. The sooner a wannabe figures that out, the sooner he will be on his way to success.

For the successful, sites like this are great for the elite to find other elite traders, which can be a hard thing to do in a business like trading. To come on and share experience and take the time to read through mounds of rubbish takes a great costs when one considers how valuable a successful traders time is worth. The amount of money they make per hour far outweighs what the freeloading newbie makes, and that is often taken for granted.

Of course I encourage the quality traders to share their experiences in an environment like this, but at some point there is no new information one can gain by digging through old posts looking for a magic answer. Time is better served on self discovery.

#18     Jul 1, 2009
  9. Nexen

Nexen

The ignore command is your best friend. Mine is huge, from snake oil, to jerks, to pests, it makes ET a little more civil.

The trick is that you got to use it.

#19     Jul 1, 2009
  10. indexer

indexer

Someone says this every six months or so since ET started. Like clockwork.

#20     Jul 1, 2009