I notice our culture has an African American tinge.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Mar 15, 2012.

1. It dawned on me today, you tune to any random radio station, random TV, kids leaving school (dressed/style) and I noticed even though we have many different cultures somehow we tilted towards African American.

It makes for an odd observation, back in the 70s you had many styles of music and people who followed different paths as well (ie hippies, punks, rockers,soul,r&b,southern etc...)

now its all sort of a the same and predominatly African american. Why is that?

2. I don't know where you live, but I certainly don't see anything resembling a sub-culture like that. I see black and white kids, dressed pretty much the same, acting pretty much the same. There are always a few oddballs, as in The Breakfast Club - trying to make some sort of statement. Thank America for allowing diversity.

I thought you were all upset about the Mexican-Americans last time, I may be wrong on that one, not sure, maybe another of the guys here.

c

3. punks and hippies are still trying to send dissident messages, such as trusting yourself and questioning the government. african americans on the radio only talk about sex, drugs, partying, anything unproductive.