I nominate user ( I am….Jesus ) as the most wise.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by infooo, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Yes, it is a very subtle difference that makes all the difference in the world.

Let's think about it for a minute...

God created Heaven perfect. Why would he want to make something else? Is there something about Earth that Heaven is lacking that it needed to be made?

What is "Earth" then? Is it a vacation-land from Heaven? Is it a place Heavenites go to take a break from the stress of too much bliss?

Is "Earth" an aftermarket add-on? Is it some kind of souped up engine that can go faster than the engines in Heaven?

On the other hand, what if Earth is not like Heaven at all? That would be like saying: God created Heaven and not Heaven too! Why would He do that?

Is Earth just a ghetto neighborhood inside Heaven? Why would God make a ghetto inside Heaven? Is that a decent place for His Son to live?

What is this thing called "Earth" anyway?!

Is it a hood ornament for the Lamborghini of Heaven? Is it a time-share condo in "paradise" for those in Heaven tired and weary of co-creating with God? Is it an extra Heaven in case the original breaks down? Is it a back-up plan? Is it plan B? Why both? Isn't there enough to go around in Heaven?

Why is it Heaven AND Earth? Why can't it just be...Heaven?!

If God is able to make a being just like Himself, why would he make lesser, unequal beings, and put them in tiny little bodies. Even if the bodies could live forever, why would he put beings in bodies forever? Why can't they be like Him? Does God really think lesser beings can commune with Him? Can lesser beings make anyone happy?

Thomas Jefferson said that God created everyone equal. Why then do you need a place like Earth where everyone and everything is unequal to itself?

Just some thoughts...

Jesus

#41     Mar 28, 2007
  2. Ok!

First, set your attention within you. Realize or accept the fact that you are love at the very core of your being...perfect love.

Now, from that core, extend an imaginary antenna up past the stars, past this universe, past everything you think of as "home"...until the antenna pierces the 'floor' of Heaven. Imagine the top of the antenna a few feet inside Heaven.

Tell yourself that this antenna receives only messages of love. Become sensitive to messages of fear, and cast them aside into the wastepaper basket. You will get better at this as you go along.

Whenever you feel fearful, use the antenna as a transmitter broadcasting this message: Love, love, love. Ask open-ended questions (not the kind you answer yourself). Then let the antenna be a receiver. Be willing to share what you recieve.

You will be led Home as you get better at tuning in. You will find all resources, all messages, all messengers that are appropriate for the speed at which you want to return Home.

Godspeed.

Jesus

#42     Mar 28, 2007
  3. jem

jem

My friend - AGD huh. I know it is hard to contradict the words or jesus when they are stated so clearly. You are not alone this one brings many Catholics back into Communion- including me and I know it has converted a few protestant pastors.

Lets explore further why it must not have been figurative or AGD. The bible tells us the crowd took it literally.

John 6:52

The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

john 6:59
    These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

john6:60
    Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
    -----------
    Did you catch the number on that verse.

It is very sad that the large majority walked away from Jesus because they could not accept this teaching.

It is not a coincidence that this verse bears the 6:66. Abraham was willing to sacrifice is Son on Gods request. God gave his Son in sacrifice on the same mount and Jesus instructs you to take part in his sacrifice so that he may dwell in you and you may have eternal life. yet almost everyone walks away. How can you go wrong taking the Lord at his word.

In corinthians Paul says you must discern the body before going to communion or you drink damnation on yourself.

And historically early Christians were prosecuted for being Cannibals.

In summary

John 6:55

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

#43     Mar 28, 2007
  4. Does that mean that I ate the Father? I communed with Him through the Holy Spirit constantly. I did not turn the Father into a glass of wine to drink did I? That's a good way to get drunk!

Bottom line: You are making the things of the earth "real". But the earth will not remain as a separate state, and will pass away. Where then will your flesh and blood be?

You are translating literally...just as my disciples often did. But did I not say that there are many things they did not understand that they would learn later?

If they understood me - if they wanted to understand me - do you think they all would have gone to the grave so willingly?

Jesus

#44     Mar 28, 2007
  5. jem

jem

would Jesus have let the jews, the crowd and the disciples, walk away over a misunderstanding. Were these not people worth saving?

He let these people walk away because they were not willing to act on the word of God. I am sure many read that Abraham was willing to slay his son for God. Seems silly why would God ask him to kill his Son) Yet his act made him righteous.

Believing Gods word and acting on it is the requirement.

Jews did not have to be smart or good or question whether God was talking symbolicaly when he told the Israelites what to do.

They had to cover their doorways in the shape of the cross with the blood of the lamb and eat it.

Jesus tells me what to do. It seems difficult to believe. That is why I do it. I choose to follow God's word. I act in accordance. I have every confidence God will fulfill his promise.

It really is that simple. It takes many years to get there, but the more I learn the simpler it gets.

By the way - expecting that God will fulfill his promises and acting as if God will fulfill those promises - is faith. Everything else - the rules - philosophy the religion just confuses things. I enjoy it but as my faith evolves it gets very simple.

#45     Mar 28, 2007
  6. Joab

Joab

Amen Jem Amen :)

#46     Mar 28, 2007
  7. There was a misunderstanding! I had my apostles go out into every hiway and byway inviting anyone and everyone for dinner. It seems they forgot to tell them I was for dinner! The people thought I was joking about the flesh and blood idea, but when we fired up the barbecue they all split!

I sent the apostles after them. But every man, woman and child ran faster than my apostles could catch them. So you see, jem, I tried to save them. After that day, I put my apostles on a vigorous exercise workout. Still, whenever we broke out the A-1 Sauce, the people ran like hell away from salvation.

The last time it happened, I had my apostles check the sundial, and we found out that 666 customers had run away at exactly 6:66 pm, not including daylight salvation time. It was kind of spooky.

So we kind of gave up on the idea. It's good to see you are not following their bad manners!

Jesus:)

#47     Mar 29, 2007
  8. For a better understanding of what I meant, hear what my Apostle Thomas heard and recorded:

"Whoever drinks from my mouth shall become like me. I myself shall become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to that person."

Jesus

p.s. - This is an exerpt from Thomas' "Sayings" Gospel...saying #108.

#48     Mar 31, 2007