I nominate Jessica Lynch for a Congressional Medal of Honor

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Apr 3, 2003.

1. ....not if she is a conservative/republican.....if that's the case, she will create a story that it wasn't actually the Iraqi's who shot her...it was Bush

#21     Apr 3, 2003
  2. Hillary is a politician first, a Democrat second. She would sleep with a Bill Clinton to advance her agenda.

#22     Apr 3, 2003
  3. If this medal is actually bestowed by your Congress, I can't believe you morons actually think it's appropriate to have your country glorify this shameful, illegal attack.

#23     Apr 3, 2003

4. I know you are angry that you have AIDS but that's what you get when you take it from a goat....now get back to your herd. Baahhhhh Baaaaaaa:D

#24     Apr 3, 2003
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

But of course. And while an Iraqi pharmacist at the hospital (where she was rescued) said she cried continuously for the two days prior to her rescue, mumbling over and over that she wanted to go home, I don't want to take anything away from her. I'm certain it was an absolutely harrowing experience. At the same time, there have been many, many other brave men who have been equally, or considerably more heroic, and they will be completely overlooked. By the way, here's an AP news report I just read regarding her "gunshot" and "stab" wounds:

PALESTINE, W.Va. (AP) - The father of rescued POW Army Pfc. Jessica Lynch said Thursday she was in great spirits following her first surgery and denied reports she was shot and stabbed during her captivity in Iraq.

"We have heard and seen reports that she had multiple gunshot wounds and a knife stabbing. The doctor has not seen any of this," Gregory Lynch Sr. said. "There's no entry (wounds) whatsoever."

#25     Apr 3, 2003
  6. Wednesday, April 2, 2003

8:30 a.m.: Jessica, Jessica, Jessica. In case you've been without electricity or human contact for the past 24 hours, I'm referring to Jessica Lynch, the U.S. Army POW who was rescued yesterday from Iraq. Last night on television, it was wall-to-wall Jessica. Today in the newspapers, it's yards of column inches on Jessica. U.S. Central Command trumpeted her rescue last night and played video of it at a briefing this morning.

I don't mean to be callous or unpatriotic, but why are we celebrating so loudly? Before this war began, Jessica Lynch was safe and unharmed. Now she's safe and harmed. She went into Iraq with a 15-member company. She came out alone. Her company didn't take its casualties while fighting for a bridge or an airfield. It took them because it made a wrong turn.

Worst of all, Lynch isn't one of the millions of Iraqis we're supposed to be liberating. She's one of the putative liberators. We've said this war isn't an invasion. We've said it isn't for us but for Iraq. And yet, while the average Iraqi's liberation gets no Pentagon fanfare and no air time, the liberation of Jessica Lynch is a 24-hour mediathon. We're celebrating her rescue for the worst of all reasons: because she's American.

#26     Apr 3, 2003
  7. This statement doesn't make any sense either. What are you trying to say?

"If this medal is actually bestowed by your congress..." THEN WHAT???

I think you just wanted to say "I can't believe you morons actually think it's appropriate to have your country glorify this shameful, illegal attack". Well, if we agree with the "illegal" action, I'd say that we'd agree with bestowing honors on those who fight bravely in it. Even if we don't agree with a conflict, we still have a duty to honor those that fight for their country.

#27     Apr 3, 2003

8. Because makes a difference if it's the country conferring the medal -- Congress -- or a division of the military.

If it's just the military honoring one of their own, then I think it is permissible, because it's not their fault their selfish leaders sent them to fight this illegal war.

If it's your country, it becomes an affront to humanity; it's not enough that you illegally attack a sovereign nation, not enough that you seek to illegally overthrow its government, but now you want to glorify that.

#28     Apr 3, 2003
  9. I suppose if Saddam can promote a dead suicide bomber to the rank of Colonel (posthumously), it is okay for us to award a medal to a brave soldier.

#29     Apr 3, 2003

10. I want to find out where you relatives are buried...so i can exhume their bodies and skull fuck your dead grandmother.

#30     Apr 3, 2003