I nominate Jessica Lynch for a Congressional Medal of Honor

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Very good question!

For me, I spend a lot of time observing what goes on in the world, I read about and study these things. In the end, I form an opinion. I guess coming here isn't really about convincing the other side that they are wrong -- and if it was, I surely went about it totally the wrong way -- but to test the validity of my opinions by pitting them against others'.

Ultimately, I'm not really sure just how it 'helps my life', but I do feel that I get something (beneficial) out of it. Hmm. It's something to think about.

#91     May 23, 2003
  2. You have zero credibility, as all your comments are indicative of 100% bias. You allow the Iraqi information minister forgiveness in doing his job that involved propaganda and lies, as his end justifies the means that you support, but you impugned the US for employing similar tactics.

This is the nature of bias, that one always argues from conclusion, from bias, from prejudice....rather than from evidence to objective conclusion.

As such, arguments are deemed illogical, and easily refuted.

You still argue for shit Bolshevik boy....and continue to prove it every time you lack objectivity in your comments.

Like I've said before, and which you have admitted, you hate the US, therefore you have an agenda of hate, so your perspective will forever be tainted, and prevent you from objective analysis of any event that involves the United States.

Every school of logic and reasonable thought dismisses such an infantile approach to discovering the truth of a situation.

You are just another simple minded fanatic lacking in any ability to think first and conclude second.

#92     May 23, 2003
  3. In the end you form an opinion? Bullshit. You have opinions first, then find or twist facts and or inuendo to support those pre-existing conclusions.

What a freaking hypocrite.

#93     May 23, 2003

4. Haha. Maybe YOU should be the one thinking HARD about why you post.

Actually, you are very wrong about the way I form opinions. In fact, as I've mentioned, I used to be very much a $$ first conservative in my political outlook; very much in favor of the (mythical) gentle-giant US. THAT, buddy boy, was concluding first and clutching for straws later (much like what you clowns engage in). THIS opinion comes from looking and reams and reams of facts; after, I might mention, having had my 'arguments' thoroughly destroyed by the bleeding heart 'lefties' you boys seem to detest so much. So there you go, not only CAN I change my opinion, by I DID change it. Evidence can be a powerful thing, if you let it.

#94     May 23, 2003

5. This is bias:

"Personally, I care, because I think the Americans are full of shit and not to be trusted under any circumstances (almost). "

This rates right up there with such open minded statements as:

"The only good Indian is a dead Indian."

"Black people are shifty and lazy."

"Jews will "jew" ya every chance they get."

The list goes on, and on, and on.

You are just a simple minded extremist. That you were ultra conservative, and have swung to a polar opposite is typical of a personality that is not balanced. You need to take an extreme position, an all or nothing position, because it gives you a feeling of self righteousness and certainty.

It is a common symptom of those who are not mature enough to see anything but black and white, "us and them", "my way or the highway" approach to issues in life. This kind of thinking appeals to those who crave certainty in life, who are unable to live with shades of gray, and who lack the intellectual development to analyze each situation on its own merits. It is a cookie cutter approach, which appeals to the masses, but this method of thought is spurned by the great thinkers.

This method of pre-judging a group of people, expressing hatred for groups of people, is what true peace loving liberals fight to overturn.

As mentioned before, this brand of thinking is illogical, harshly condemned by all schools of logic and rational thought.

The open mind has no pre-conceived bias, but looks at the facts first then concludes.....case by case. To do any less is to display ignorance and bias. Those who are ignorant and biased are incapable of honest discourse, as their entire existence will be geared toward spin and hyperbole....not a search for the truth of a situation.

Just another Bolshevik boy.

#95     May 23, 2003
  6. Jessica Lynch Laments Military Portrayal
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Published: November 7, 2003

PALESTINE, W.Va. (AP) -- Former prisoner of war Jessica Lynch said the U.S. military was wrong to manipulate the story of her dramatic rescue and should not have filmed it in the first place.

The 20-year-old private told ABC's Diane Sawyer in a ``Primetime'' interview to air Tuesday that she was bothered by the military's portrayal of her ordeal.

``They used me as a way to symbolize all this stuff,'' she said in an excerpt from the interview, posted Friday on the network's Web site.

``It hurt in a way that people would make up stories that they had no truth about,'' she said.

She also said there was no reason for her rescue from an Iraqi hospital to be filmed. ``It's wrong,'' she said.

The former Army supply clerk suffered broken bones and other injuries when her maintenance convoy was attacked in the Iraqi town of Nasiriyah on March 23. U.S. forces rescued Lynch at a Nasiriyah hospital April 1.

Early reports had Lynch fighting her attackers until she ran out of ammunition and suffering knife and bullet wounds. Military officials later acknowledged that Lynch wasn't shot, but was hurt after her Humvee utility vehicle was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade and crashed into another vehicle.

Lynch told Sawyer she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and that her gun jammed during the chaos. ``I'm not about to take credit for something I didn't do,'' she said.

``I did not shoot, not a round, nothing ... I went down praying to my knees. And that's the last I remember.''

Lynch said she was terrified and feared for her life during her time in the Iraqi hospital, and didn't believe she was being rescued until she was being evacuated in a U.S. helicopter. Then, Lynch said, she felt, ``My God, this is real. I'm going home.''

Footage of the rescue was aired repeatedly on television networks reporting how a special forces team bravely fought into and out of the hospital.

``I don't think it happened quite like that,'' Lynch said.

But she praised the soldiers who rescued her. ``They're the ones that came in to rescue me. Those are my heroes ... I'm so thankful that they did what they did. They risked their lives. They didn't know, you know, who was in there.''

On Thursday, newspaper reports revealed Lynch had been raped during her capture. The assault was revealed in Lynch's authorized biography -- ``I am a Soldier, Too: The Jessica Lynch Story.'' The 207-page book will be released by publisher Alfred A. Knopf on Tuesday, Veterans Day.

Lynch told Sawyer she has no recollection of the attack. ``Even just the thinking about that, that's too painful,'' she said.

#96     Nov 7, 2003
  7. ahahaha:D :D
    I said it before and will say it again. Treat the public like mushrooms, feed them bullshit and keep them in the dark:cool: :p

Gotta love this media manipulation back then.:D Sheeple eating up the bs like pancakes.:)

Makes ya wonder how repeated the airing of the truth will be nowdays :D :D

"concur. she is one tough west virginia chick, the strangest part of the story is she is from palestine, W V. hopefully she gets an agent and parlays this into something" a poster wrote....

compare with: I did not shoot, not a round, nothing ... I went down praying to my knees. And that's the last I remember

Folks time to recheck your earlier posts, time to see the crap that is been layed on us all.:D :D

#97     Nov 7, 2003
  8. Talk about ungrateful. I guess she got the message that she wouldn't be big news unless she ripped the military. Since she now thinks it was wrong, overdone, manipulated ,etc, I guess she will feel duty bound to give back all the money and withdraw her book.

Her gun certainly didn't "jam" without one shot being fired. Most likely she forgot to take the safety off or chamber a round. I am sure she was scared out of her mind and I can sympathize with that. I also have a lot of compassion for the treatment she received from those Iraqi bastards. But maybe we should learn a lesson from this and rethink the wisdom of sending poorly trained teenage girls into combat situations.

#98     Nov 7, 2003
  9. msfe

msfe

Doctors Dismiss Lynch Bio's Rape Claims

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-3361493,00.html

#99     Nov 7, 2003
  10. her restored memory, the new criticisms, the claims of rape, and the resulting media frenzy occur just as she's releasing a book....

just a coincidence, surely.

#100     Nov 7, 2003