I need your valuable advices.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by chaiaz, Sep 17, 2021.

1. BKR88

BKR88

Most stock pickers won't beat the overall market so I'd stick to ETFs.

1-SPY (S&P 500) ......................................................................... 25%
    2-QQQ (nasdaq) .......................................................................... 25%
    3-VNQ (real estate) ...................................................................... 15%
    4-TLT (bonds) ................................................................................... 5%
    5-IPOs (100 companies over 10 years) ................................. 10%
    6-BTC (bitcoin) .............................................................................. 10%
    7-GLD (gold) .................................................................................... 5%
    8-Cash (stock picking hobby) ...................................................... 5%

***Farmground crowdfunding ... 5%(Fund with 5% of VNQ if/when they don't require accreditation)

***IPOs ... Invest $100 each in 10 largest IPOs each year for next 10 years.

***If "Cash (stock picking)" beats ETFs then move more from stock ETFs to Cash.

***Rebalance at the end of every year.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    #11     Sep 18, 2021
    Apologetik likes this.
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

100k in your 20's, cheap hookers and cheap wine. Get "your money's worth". Worry about life after the big Four Oh.

#12     Sep 18, 2021
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  3. VicBee

VicBee

I used to say, I like my whiskey cheap, like my women!

#13     Sep 18, 2021
    caroy likes this.
  4. %%
    SPY......................................................................

#14     Sep 18, 2021
  5. d08

d08

OP is female so the "hookers" come free.

#15     Sep 18, 2021
  6. chaiaz

chaiaz

My risk tolerance is 40%. I have an extra 13K$ that I would like to get some high kinda risky returns. And for the 100K$ I'd like conservative investments.

#16     Sep 19, 2021
  7. deaddog

deaddog

I've never seen risk tolerance defined as a percentage. Does that mean you are willing to lose 40% of your investment?
    Every one wants to get kinda high risky returns but no one wants to lose money.
    What do you consider a conservative investment?

#17     Sep 19, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  8. chaiaz

chaiaz

If it is extremely worth it in a sense I can go for an aggressive risk of maximum 40% in worst case scenario. But my usual range is conservative/moderate. I consider guaranteed and steady return along with maintaining a lower level of risk a conservative investment such as investing in debt securities.

#18     Sep 19, 2021
  9. deaddog

deaddog

Risk tolerance is about you.
    Coin flip; You have 3 choices.
    You can keep your 100K or
    You lose 40K so you have 60K left
    You win and double your money and have 200K
    Which option do you choose.

Most people believe that they have a high risk tolerance but when it comes to their own money they really don't. If I offer 1 to 100 odds on drawing a single card from the deck, at what point does the bet become too expensive? Most people would be willing to risk a buck, some even 10 bucks but few are willing to risk 1000.

Take a look at game shows like Deal or no deal and who wants to be a millionaire. When the cash get's high enough no one wants to take the risk.

The best way to manage risk is to have a method of getting out of the market when it starts to trend downward.

#19     Sep 19, 2021
  10. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Avoid bonds ( rising interest rates are bad for bonds ) and bitcoin ( pure gambling ) entirely at this point. Old rules about a stock/bond split don't apply in this unusual situation with 0.25% interest rates.

#20     Sep 19, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.