I need to figure out how to sell one item a million times

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by J Ski, May 2, 2012.

1. J Ski

J Ski

Something to market and convert into 1 million sales.
    Anybody having done this,please feel free to share you experience.
    You don't have to give up all the secrets, but enough to maybe help me chart
    some kind of strategy.

2. try QVC.

3. Banjo

Banjo

The first step in marketing is the other end of the transaction, buying, the receptor. What do they do in a purely emotional mode. When the family goes shopping for a new minivan and the kids are exploring the interior goodies why does dad drift over to the red convertible. Think about it and you'll eliminate much of the struggle.

4. My boss called me in and went,"Why don't you ever come up with any great sales ideas?"

I went,"Well,probably because I'm on the second floor and you're on the first."

5. J Ski

J Ski

I love you nutmeg, not in a queer way, but you make me laugh, glad to see your still around.

6. JamesL

JamesL

Call it an "app" and sell it thru iTunes, even if it is not an app. Apple dolts will buy ANYTHING if it's on iTunes.

7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

How about an e-Book sold online titled, "How I made millions trading by following the advice posted at EliteTrader".

:D

8. J Ski

J Ski

Maybe an AA App ?
    Apps Anonymous, for people that can't stop downloading apps.

gwb, I did list one of my work buddies on eBay, but the auction was pulled.
    Glad I didn't get suspended.
    Then I got to thinking.
    An auction site to traffic people.
    I could also include an informative e-book on how to get into the
    fascinating and lucrative , human trafficking business.

Thanks Banjo. In all seriousness, I have been trying to think about
    how I make a buying decision. That is where the genius lies.
    You would think that it's easy to figure out. Most of us and just about
    everybody consumes. I've been really trying to think this out and go through the stores,
    and will observe shoppers, look at how products are placed on shelves, packaging, etc.
    It's frustrating because, one item, sold a million times, with even a .10 profit, is not bad.
    Figure now, with online buying becoming safer, and the sheer magnitude of the market, which is the whole world, then it's figuring the logistics, if it's a product. E-books are
    good too. An e-book has only the initial cost to produce, then the downloading, may cost a little extra in bandwidth.

9. I misunderstood. You are looking for an item to sell? I thought you had an item to sell.

10. It's frustrating because, one item, sold a million times, with even a .10 profit, is not bad.
    ------------------------------

.10 profit could be bad. Items lost damaged defective or stolen need to be replaced. If a customer returns an item. You're going to need to sell a shitload of items @10 profit a pop to cover those expenses, depending on the cost of the item.

Probably the hot item you want to sell is a raffle ticket. Sell a million raffle tickets @ 10 cents a pop and first prize is a hundred dollars....:D

#10     May 2, 2012