I Need More Accountability - Sim P/L

Discussion in 'Journals' started by mephistoII, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Thank you, gentlemen.

Hope your day is going better than mine currently :D Been on the defensive all a.m. - keep trying to create Pt. 3's in my mind, only to then frantically look for the exit door after proven wrong - lol.

#41     Apr 12, 2007
  2. My whole day finished up like I mentioned in the previous post. Couldn't trade my way out of a wet paper bag today. Oh well, comes with the territory I guess. I never could correlate the strength of the upmove with the Gaussians - always seemed backasswards here. :eek:

#42     Apr 12, 2007
  3. dkm

dkm

Just began to look through your trades but I cannot correlate any of your entries and exits with my chart data. For example, on trade 6 at 12:51:33 I have a hi of 1451.50 amd a low of 1451.25 on the 12:51 1 min bar yet you entered at 53.75 . The discrepancy seems rather high for just data source differences (I use esignal) . Could this caused by the sim that you are using?:confused:

#43     Apr 12, 2007
  4. Please excuse the excursus, but you are giving SCT a bad name. As one old guy to another, have you considered asking Jack to mentor you directly? That has proved interesting here in the past. He routinely gratuitously gives me therapy, so why not ask? Sincere best wishes on your trading.

#44     Apr 12, 2007
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

is this NY or Central time?

#45     Apr 12, 2007
  6. dkm

dkm

Good pt :) I was assuming EST but it clearly isn't. My apologies.

#46     Apr 12, 2007
  7. dkm

dkm

I'm probably being a bit dumb here but trades 2 and 3 have the same entry time but seem to have a different entry price. Same for trades 4 &5, 6 & 7, 8 & 9. :confused:

#47     Apr 12, 2007
  8. dkm and nkhoi: that's affirmative - we're in the Central time zone here (as mentioned in first post of the thread). The entry on Trade #1 was the only correct one, being based on a retest of the upchannel RTL w/ additional support coming from the 20 sma. So tell me why in my mind I had already decided it was Pt. 2 of a soon to be new down channel, and I was just looking for a short ride before re-positioning on the short side. Seemed like each new successive HI today was reached on diminished black volume, so I kept looking for Pt. 3's, only to have 'em come roaring back through at some point :)

Hello Hypo - it's surely not my intention to irreparably tarnish the name of SCT. In fact, I've tried to drop numerous hints in here that serve to separate me from that group of experts, and which point out that I can only aspire to such lofty levels. But that's the danger one is exposed to when dispensing information to the public domain - any half-wit wannabe can grab it and 'try' to run with it. :D

Ha-ha - I doubt if any of Jack's philanthropic endeavors includes bottle-feeding the likes of me. (Hmm - maybe I could show up wearing a Llama suit, and sneak into the herd)

Hopefully the NQ is bestowing consistent gifts upon ya - thanks for your wishes, and trade artfully!

A bit of humor - Bloomberg was on in the background today as usual, and some analyst was discussing the mortgage crisis, baby boomers and such. He was saying something and it came out as "booby boom" The attending commentator quickly retorted: "that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing!" . So are we to start buying silicone stocks??

Have a good one, all ... :)

#48     Apr 12, 2007
  9. dkm - you're reading it right - it's one of the quirks within the Bracket Trader front end. I always enter a position using one ct, but depending on price action and my read on it, I may add a second ct later on - sometimes this is avg'ing down, and sometimes adding to a profitable position. The problem is, BT does not differentiate the entry times when adding to the position. When avg'ing down, I am then, at that point, only looking for breakeven or a small profit. I do look forward to when we begin to discuss the "execution phase" of all this - entry techniques, stop sizes, etc.. Appreciate your taking the time to look at this stuff - don't hesitate w/ any questions - hopefully ya can teach me something :D

#49     Apr 12, 2007
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

your 9:46, and 10:58 were shrt into the up trend

#50     Apr 12, 2007