I Need More Accountability - Sim P/L

Discussion in 'Journals' started by mephistoII, Mar 25, 2007.

1. The net is certainly decent by my standards, but I'm feeling frustrated as hell here. For most of the trades, I always felt like I was just diddlin in the middle, and the few good points of entry I was able to locate, I choked off the trade in quick order. Guess I need to either except my plight as a scalper, or else scrap the bs, and find the correct way to rewire my brain to be an effective swing trader. If anyone has any thoughts in these areas, I would be very interested in hearing them.

#11     Mar 29, 2007
  2. Very nice results. Are you using Jack's system?

#12     Mar 29, 2007
  3. Thanks, trendtech - I will just say I am attempting to apply Jack's methods. Unfortunately, when I showed up, I was already totin' a mess of ingrained bad habits. Amongst those, most notably, is runnin for the door when I see a few green bars on the DOM. For me, it is a very difficult mindset to escape.

I could go on until you are crying from boredom. so let it suffice to say that I am 'seeing' the mkt much better, since being introduced to the relationship of price and volume, while operating within channels. Even scalping is more effective, when you can start off on the right foot. :) I've got a long row to hoe, but at least I've been seeing similar results as shown for several months now, so I am encouraged to continue. Before this, I had travelled many dead end roads.

Have a good one ...

#13     Mar 29, 2007
  4. Hindsight is always so educational (and humbling). Nice setup this a.m. - hope ya' all captured it :)

#14     Mar 30, 2007
  5. The day was a wash here. Started off w/ a bad read, getting sucked in long after the reports, and then basically downhill from there, both literally and figuratively - lol. Now it's off to stare at more numbers, as I have a date w/ Turbo Tax - oh, the joy :(

Have a nice weekend!

#15     Mar 30, 2007
  6. Vista

Vista

If you're using market orders, does BracketTrader's sim give you semi-realistic market orders...........buy@ask sell@bid ?

#16     Mar 30, 2007
  7. Yes - BT provides for just about any type of order entry.

Stop ... limit ... stop w/ limit (not for sure on this one - have never used it)

Buy @ask, @bid, @ last price ...

Sell @bid, @ask, @ last price ...

#17     Mar 31, 2007
  8. Vista

Vista

Well, what I'm asking is does BT's sim make you pay the spread on a Market Order? You are using market orders in this journal, right?

#18     Mar 31, 2007
  9. Yes - I've tried to clearly state earlier that I am 'paying the spread' with these trades. I will also state that I will occasionally place a limit order 10-15 min ahead of time when my desired entry is determined by a confluence of conditions (channel lines, pivot points, sma's, etc) For example, I believe on Thurs, 3/29, this resulted in selling the high of a swing. Would this have been filled realtime? - I assume so, but there will never be any way to know for certain. But again, almost all trades are entered w/ buy@ask, sell@bid.

#19     Mar 31, 2007
  10. Vista

Vista

Ok, good luck on your journal.

#20     Apr 1, 2007