I need help with TWS screen size

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by graeco, May 4, 2003.

1. graeco

graeco Guest

When I launch TWS it opens to a full screen.I cannot get the arrow thingys on the edge and drag it down to size.I uninstalled and downloaded a fresh TWS.The first launch was good,a quarter screen.Now it is back to full screen size.Anyone know the fix?:confused:

2. In the upper right hand corner, do you see the maximize button, or the restore button? If you see the restore button, click on that and try resizing the window. Otherwise, right click on the TWS task bar icon and select resize.

3. graeco

graeco Guest

Neither of those things work.
    Now here is a funny thing.
    I have two accounts at IB.In one account TWS opens to a quarter size screen.But I get this full screen problem with the 2nd account.:confused:

4. def

def Sponsor

You might have saved it in full screen mode. Try double clicking on the top solid line of the TWS, this should toggle it into a mode where you can drag/resize. If not, there is a way to resize windows using the CTRL or ALT keys but I don't remember how. Perhaps someone here will know how to do it.

5. graeco

graeco Guest

I opened TWS in my 2nd puter which is P3 Win98.No problem with either account.
    So this problem is only happening with my P4 WinXP puter.It would seem the problem is in my puter.:confused:

6. def

def Sponsor

yes/no, it probably has to do with the screen settings saved in the TWS directory.

I tried a search - without luck yet - on this site on how you can move a window with ctrl keys. If you can move the window so you can get to a corner, then you'll be able to drage/resize or minimize the screen.

7. Try:

1. Alt+SpaceBar (press at the same time).

2. Press the letter "M" on your keyboard.

3. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the window.

Note: This only works if the window is not maximized.

8. You can also right click it in the taskbar and click "Move" and then use the cursor keys.