I need help with QT

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by neveral0ne, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Guys I need major help, the QT team is not answering my emails, and I'm stuck.

I have been using QT for about 2 weeks now, and my problem is using it with tick charts especially, below you will see a picture of my chart window how it looks.

I mostly trade stocks/etfs like you see, but the Tick charts look just plain retarded. First of all, I cant even set my tick # to 144, because it would show me like 1 month of data, 2nd of all, its @ 34 and it shows 3 days. Why ?

I seen people use 144 tick charts, for intra day trading, and the bars just keep coming up after every 20-30 seconds, meaning the ticks get counted down very quickly.

But for me, each one of of my bars is like 40 minutes almost, why the difference?

2. Who's data are you using? IB's? You have your chart set at 30 tick bars and you have selected to show 170 bars on your chart. I admit, it does look retarded for some reason.
  3. Are you paying for QuoteTracker?

If not, that would explaina lot.

If so, they need to respond to your emails.
  4. I ususally get a response from QT support within minutes of sending an email whether night or day. Most likely they never got your email I would try again.
  5. I use TD AMeritrade, so it says I get TD Ameritrade data feed for free. Everything is real time, but the charts look plain retarded like youu see in my pictures.
  6. I got the reply from Jerry, thanks guys.
  7. Catoosa

I am sure you are now finding QT service and support is fast and the best in the business. Jerry will get you on track.