I need guidance on how to divide up my money

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Morning Attack, Mar 16, 2008.

1. I have $80,000 ready to be used. I am interested in trading e-minis, and also currency. Thing is that since I will only buy an ES contract each session, and maybe a gold or soybeans contract or whatever, and the leverage in both futures and forex is so big, I will have a big chunk of my money not being employed. Therefore I think it is only logical that I also trade stocks. :)

What annoys me is that I will not be able to trade futures, stocks and forex from just one account. Most brokers do not offer FS&F, and when they do the fees in one of them are not acceptable. So I will have to open two or three accounts (I really hope I can combine futures and stocks, or futures and forex in one account).

So how would you divide up the assets?

Let's say that

One, I trade simultaneously a maximum of three futures contracts (each one of them different from the other)

and Two, I buy $50,000 in two unrelated currency pairs with a leverage of 100:1.

How would you allocate the 80K? I would like to use as much as I can for trading stocks, but at the same time I do not want to run out of money in my futures account.

Any broker related ideas are also welcome.

Thanks very much. Great forum.