I need assistance ...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Dec 13, 2003.

1. ...I have a few charts I would like for you to look at to see if they suggest a system to you, and also some inkblots that my shrink said I gave wildly inappropriate psychosexual responses to.

#21     Dec 13, 2003
  2. Also, one of the hardest things with this problem is trying to filter out the rapid expansion of chaos that enters in as a simplistic function does complex things over many iterations.

#22     Dec 13, 2003
  3. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Well ..... If you really have solved the 3X+1 conjecture then there is a place at Princeton Department Of Mathematics waiting for you ........

Develop your proof as a series of results and try to publish one of the steps rather than the whole thing: take a simple result and attempt to get it published in a second tier journal as a letter. This will get you started. Show your simple result to any deaprtment chair on Mathematics - Northwestern is a good one to start with if you are in Chicago and the department chair there might actually listen to you whereas some other bigger name schools may be less than receptive in talking with you although if you really think you can argue an airtight case for a first stpe towards this solution then you could try those as well.

#23     Dec 16, 2003
  4. ...you're an ass.

j/k but seriously --- quit being a piker, go back to school for math, and get an institutional job making actual $$$...

...they might even have a supercomputer for you to use...:D

#24     Dec 16, 2003