I need an excel programmer

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by travis, Jun 25, 2005.

1. travis

travis

I know a lot about the markets, but not enough about programming. I need help implementing an automated trading project that involves the market depth data, and the minidow, using Interactive Brokers. Let me know if you are interested.

2. wizardx

wizardx

3. travis

travis

Thank you very much. I am looking at it right now. It seems to be what I wanted. An easy version of the easy way to automated trading.

4. 65Matt

65Matt

5. travis

travis

Thank you.

6. cmk

cmk

has anyone ever gotten this EASY API to work in a way that is of any value?

I thought it was an excel template to facilitate automated trading, but it seems more like a little gimmick that is worthless.

Does anyone use this for a serious automated trading system?

I, like the original poster, am interested in starting to play around with some automated systems, using the IB demo account.

Where is the best place to start? Thanks

7. wizardx

wizardx

I do not want to get into a flame war, but I'm curious as to why you say that. Please give some specific examples.

8. cmk

cmk

I am sorry if I came off as saying the software was crap, that was not my intention. I was just wondering if it has been used for the way I would like to use it.

Any instruction on setting it up and getting it going to do what I want it to do would be greatly appreciated.

9. wizardx

wizardx

What do you want to do?

EasyAPI lets you do automated trades using Excel without paying API fees. It was set up to be easy to use with no bloat. You can set up and change the layout of your spreadsheet however you like. This is impossible to do with the IB Excel example without changing their VBA code every time you want to move a column or row.

You can find the setup instructions here.

http://easyapi.blogspot.com/

10. Someone should set this up in OpenOffice ... seems like it would be easy to do - and then simply release it via GPL.

#10     Jul 3, 2005