I Need an Accountant in South Florida

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mike 2c, Jul 18, 2005.

1. mike 2c

mike 2c

Hey all.

I recently moved to South Florida and am looking for a new accountant. I trade my own account (mostly equities, some futures) and want someone who is familiar with the tax issues affecting self-employed traders. I realize that since Florida has no State Tax, I could technically continue to use an accountant based outside FL, but I prefer to be able to sit down in person -- plus I wasn’t too thrilled with my last accountant when I was in NY anyway.

I appreciate any suggestions. If you prefer, you can PM me your accountant’s name and number.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike

2. In addition to any local SoFla trader-savvy accountants recommended by PM, you may still want to throroughly read this well-known trader tax site for any specific answers, or more general insights.

Then, e-mail the trader tax firm, stipulating the points made in your post, or, asking no-answer-found specific questions if you see value in the going the consulting fee route:

http://www.greencompany.com/Traders/TraderConsulting.shtml

3. you'll have an easier time finding an accountant there than you will an honest lawyer...or judge...or cop....

cheers.