I need a Summer Vacation...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by 2manywhiners, Jun 2, 2006.

Should I take a Summer long break from trading?

1. Yes I have taken the summer off, it was great and refreshing. You should definitely go for it!

11 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. Yes I have taken the summer off, it was terrible. I pray to God you don't have kids...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No I haven't taken a summer off, but it sounds like a fantastic idea and I think I might follow in y

17 vote(s)
    32.1%
  4. No I haven't taken a summer off, and you shouldn't either. Don't you know it'll F*** with your Ch'i

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  5. Who the F*** cares, I'm losing money every damn day and your talking about taking a summer vacation?

18 vote(s)
    34.0%
  1. Atlantic

Atlantic

stop the drinking.

and do not use so much words if you can't handle them.

(edit: your useless link proves zero and your story about canadian mountains is funny - yes they would have needed YOU to make those peaks visible - of COURSE!!)

#21     Jun 6, 2006
  2. Atlantic

Atlantic

ftard? sorry - don't know this word.

alright - 11 (not 31) books (co)written by someone with the name john t. hershey - and this means what exactly?

(are you a part of the submissive following, btw.?)

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...60&highlight=submissive+following#post1091360

somebody who has done all the things he claims, worked for the gov., written many books, seen the world, being very intelligent, etc. etc. would NEVER come here, write 1000's of weird posts - calling us names, etc. such a person would not even have the time to do so - such a person would hang out with people who are like him. going where 99.9% of the crowd is stupid (in his eyes) - and pretending superiority is perverse - or just miserable.

he is in the market all the time and makes an avg. of 30 trades per day - why ist it that he even has time to come here and post during rth?

oh - the alcohol...

#23     Jun 6, 2006
  3. The evidence has been presented. There is other additional support which I did not provide.

It's now YOUR job to DISPROVE it.

Hand waving and using various fallacious arguments like confusing cause and effect, don't cut it.

#24     Jun 6, 2006
  4. So Hershey was a low level government bureaucrat and published a bunch of boring crap, probably as he was required to do in the course of his work. The point is that he's misrepresented himself in a HUGE way on ET and Usenet. To include the reference that he provided a few posts back... take a look at what Jack wrote and then click on the link, search for "Hershey" and compare. From the link (the emphasis is mine): "Curriculum Activities Guide to Water Pollution and Environmental Studies, Vol. I and II, A. Edited and compiled by John T. Hershey, Alan Sexton, et. al. (Chadbourne and Chadbourne) 469 pp. Originally published under the auspices of the Environmental Protection Agency...

Edited and compiled? He left that little detail out of his post. And as for anything he did actually write, big f'ing deal! I have friends in EPA and they're required to crank out studies routinely as part of their job. The EPA does tons of studies each year. So what?

#25     Jun 6, 2006
  5. The "reference" that Jack supposedly wrote in his post was just an EPA document edited and compiled by Hershey and others. Check out the link and believe what's in black and white or stay in candyland where you probably belong anyway.

#26     Jun 6, 2006
  6. Back to the subject at hand, I have decided to officially take the summer off from trading. I just don't have the 9+ hours of undivided attention to give to trading, so until August (???) I'm on Summer Vacation.

:) :cool: :p :D

I have decided to continue to manage my investment accounts, by the way, just not my trading accounts. I'll also still be sharing with the fine folks (and the other 95% of you) on ET :p

I've been thinking about starting a Beginner's Guide type of a Journal for quite some time now, so maybe I'll start one up?

Feel free to continue posting here, as I am still interested in hearing about others past or current summer vacation breaks. And I'm still curious about other ETers burnouts and recovery experiences...

#27     Jun 9, 2006
  7. zagan321

zagan321

So Hypothomus, what have you accomplished in the last few years? Anything? Surely your work as a chief scientist has produced something to be proud of, something you can tell your wife and son about. That'd be the wife that supported you while you were unemployed, and your son in the military. Do you share with them your posts about Jack and Liz? Do you share your posts with your co-workers in LA? No? Since you've done nothing wrong, why not? Do you hide your online activities because you are ashamed of them? Of course you do, because that's the kind of person you are - a coward. Never in your pathetic life would you do anything to associate your real name with your cowardly attacks on Jack and Liz, yet you've smeared them relentlessly. You attacked Liz simply to get at Jack, and that was your mistake.

#28     Aug 12, 2006