I need a Successfull Seasoned Trading Mentor and will work for free to learn

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by yv2008, Sep 11, 2008.

1. You didn't mention you were willing to relocate out of New York.

Thus, I'm assuming you are willing to locate at your own expense...right. :confused:

Mark

#11     Sep 12, 2008
  2. You are correct actually, I stand corrected now that I think about it

#12     Sep 12, 2008
  3. bstay

bstay

Still, this is too little "work" in exchange for the many hours (even months) to get someone to learn how I actually trade, all the tactics/strategies/nuances/experiences/disasters/instincts/tools that the experienced trader accumulated over the years. I would still want someone to actually pay me for the one/two hours each day I spent to coach, in exchange for the lost time in my own valuable freedom which fulltime trading gives.

Those who have trained work colleagues or did project/program transfers or did martial arts instruction would know it takes twice the hours to prepare each "lesson" than the actual conducting of the lesson. Unless of course, there's no contractual agreement (since no payment) to ensure the student even learn anything. Then it's free if you want to look over my shoulder to see how I trade each day.

#13     Sep 12, 2008
  4. yv2008

yv2008

It's interesting here how i ask for a recommendation and the reply back is people judging a person's quality or skill level(which im sure i have more then some of the simple minded midgets questioning me).... In truth there's truth... Let me know if u guys have some real advice...

#14     Sep 12, 2008
  5. it is more interesting the original request. You have little idea how much you are asking for. Learning how to REALLY trade successfully from a mentor has huge value - tens up to hundreds of thousands of dollars.. Putting data into someone's Excel is pedestrian work - worth hundreds or maybe thousands.

Bearing in mind that SOME of the things a "mentor" has learned - market inefficiencies, gets watered down by others doing it. Of course, here comes the crowd - "doesn't matter how many trade it" - who somehow think an inefficiency scales up to infinity - ignoring the fact that every buy needs a seller

#15     Sep 12, 2008
  6. LOL Signing a multiyear non compete and an IP and TS agreement is a real downside especially at the common penalty levels and escrow requirements.

The OP's impression is that he is going to be working at a commercial constructions supply warehouse and his mentor is doing a remote construction job combining off the shelf stuff into never seen before final construction solutions.

#16     Sep 12, 2008
  7. Neoxx

Neoxx

Insulting posters is a sure-fire way of getting positive responses.

Interesting premise you have there. :p :confused:

#17     Sep 12, 2008
  8. Joab

Joab

Can you do my shopping, laundry, dishes and clean toilets?

Just teasing you but most successful independent traders really have no need for staff.

#18     Sep 12, 2008
  9. eagle

eagle

Yv2008,

You're probably very young. It is a good sign that you wish to learn and be ready to sacrifice your time and effort.

You have to have something interesting to offer. Remember, if somebody is willing to hire you because he has problem to get resolved and believe that you can solve his problem.

#19     Sep 12, 2008
  10. that was kind of my point. The OP is somehow under the impression that doing a few thousand worth of data entry or go-fer is equivalent value to learning successful trading from a vendor -which is, literally, worth a fortune.

If it were that simple, every single newbie on this site would be breaking down the doors to sign up for Mentors for Dummies.

Ya gotta learn trading pretty much for yourself. Being unwilling to put in your own screen time does not impress a trader who DID put in the thousands of hours.

#20     Sep 13, 2008