I need a scanner that will do this...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by learninglisted, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Try www.trade-ideas.com it can do that and a bag of chips. Won't cost you arm and leg either.

#11     Jul 2, 2003
  2. chaifus

chaifus

3. I e-mailed all the above recommendations asking if their product can do what I have described, but no response. Frustrating...

#13     Jul 3, 2003
  4. lescor

lescor

I ran a filter almost exactly as you describe in FirstAlert, looking for the same kind of trades you are talking about. It took about 5 minutes to write it and it worked well.

#14     Jul 4, 2003
  5. Lescor,

I'm glad "my" strategy worked well. I hope you were able to make some money from it!

BTW, I've been getting some private messages saying this strategy is similar to OOPS trades, whatever that is. Anyway, I hope it is helping some of you make money. Reading the various threads I read many comments accusing certain posters of only asking for information yet offering nothing; hopefully I will not be counted in those ranks....

I have received a message from Tickquest saying their NeoTicker product would be able to run that scan as well. Problem though is that I'd need a datafeed as well from a third-party like QCharts or Esignal.

What's the situation with FirstAlert and how much do you pay?

#15     Jul 4, 2003
  6. lescor

lescor

I don't use it anymore, but was paying $450 a month to my clearing firm who provided it to me. I tried the demo from Neovest and I think the cost was in the 350/mo range.

You could probably write some complex scans on a large group of stocks using Excel and a decent data feed. For what you are describing you would need some programming skills. I've never used Excel in this way, but know others who have.

#16     Jul 4, 2003
  7. Bob111

Bob111

i send you a message a week ago.

#17     Jul 4, 2003
  8. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

ESP is pretty stable. The setup that you are interested is the Guerrilla Trader Scans. Call Pristine up for the program since I am just a user.

http://www.pristine.com/esp_product/

#18     Jul 5, 2003
  9. Casey30

Casey30

First Alert can do just about anything, however it is one of the more expensive filters out there. It is worth it though.

But for what you want to do, you could probably go with one o f the lower cost products.

#19     Jul 5, 2003