I need a new computer to run Tradestation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jaxon, Oct 24, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

#21     Oct 26, 2007
  2. I have heavy calculations running in the background because my systems have been taught to read price oscillations. With the Quad though I can have 30 workspaces open with over 250 charts open at a time if I need it. The 64bit OS with 4GB of RAM and 4 processors is a real asset. Plus the system is upgradable to 1066MHz 8GB RAM which matches the board for maximum speed and power.

#22     Oct 26, 2007
  3. The system I have listed has: PCI, PCIE 16 & PCI 4 slots. You can do this card too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/nVidia-Quadro-F...ryZ40161QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I really like the Matrox cards. They seem to be a heftier card but it doesn't matter which card you are comfortable using.

#23     Oct 26, 2007
  4. gnome

gnome

For trading, both Matrox and Nvidia Quadro NVS are equivalent... I've had rigs with both. However, the Quadro NVS line is much faster than the 450G.

Also, Quadro NVS has no fan... I don't like hot-running, fan-noisy video cards for trading. If gaming and you have sound volume up enough to drown out the noises, then a video card with fan is OK.

BTW... Matrox just released a new line of PCIE video cards for applications such as trading. They look very much like the Quadro NVS line. One bad thing though, they want $99 for a Quad DVI cable... that's way cheesy.

#24     Oct 26, 2007
  5. I'll keep that in mind and will try that on the next system. I have music or SciFi on when I trade so I'm used to the background noise though.

#25     Oct 26, 2007
  6. gnome

gnome

Firefly! :D

#26     Oct 26, 2007
  7. Busted!

#27     Oct 26, 2007
  8. gnome

gnome

Morena Baccarin.... Babe-a-licious!

#28     Oct 26, 2007
  9. Nummy . . .

My wife can't figure out my fascination with the Scifi channel when I trade. The other two guys up here can though.

Trading over for today. Time to go play in the yard and prepare for Winter. Have a good weekend guys.

#29     Oct 26, 2007
  10. Proflogic

Many thanks much appreciated.

#30     Oct 26, 2007