I need a multi-function laser printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nitro, Dec 25, 2003.

1. the latest round of printers includes wireless connectivity.....

both laser and color ink-jet upper end printers....

#51     Feb 21, 2004
  2. So far, so good. I love my MFC 9700.

It was easy to install....and it works with my Belkin Auto-switch!(2 computers print to one printer type switch..automatically) I plugged in my extension phone in the back of the printer into the handy ext. phone jack.

It is so nice to fax with it....I can load multiple pages into memory with the jam-free document feeder on top (but got to remember they must be face-up) and put the originals back in the file and go about my work while the machine works in the background. I fax to the main office throughout the day....so I programmed in the number into the handy one-touch address book (8 spots on the front panel with a button, just pop out the plastic shield and fill out the little index with your sharpie for each buttons destination). Now just a two-button quick-trade.....hit the office button and then the big "FaxStart" button.

I am a heavy user of my printer/fax/copy during the day. I work at home, and analyze trades in the evening. I literally wore out my Ink-jet printer(epson stylus color 740) and I really waited too long to get an appropriate printer for my needs. This is some really good money spent. I sacrificed so much with my ink-jet printer because I thought I needed color....I have not needed it yet, for the kind of work I do. The copies are crisp and smudge free......Now that the prices are coming down, there is no reason for the ink-jet technology within the office environment...unless you work with graphics IMHO

It is so important to fit the correct hardware with the duties that you perform. I can see that the MFC 9700 is one of the best all around printers for the office. I have not used up the laser cartridge yet, and I am ordering a high-yield TN460 to have ready when needed.

This is a class product......Thank you Brother :) (no, not you Nitro)

May Landru be with you...peace through Landru....hehehe

Michael B.

P.S. An associate of mine likes this printer so much he is going to buy one too......

#52     Feb 21, 2004
  3. don't forget to add to the list of wants - wi-fi connectivity.

you will want to be able to access the printer from wherever you're at on your wireless network.....

wow...

#53     Feb 26, 2004
  4. How is a wireless print server such as one from linksys for office applications? I'm guess 10-20 people?

will it be just too slow?

#54     Feb 26, 2004
  5. not print server,

printers that wirelessly connect to any wireless office setup....

they include their own 11g receiver within the printer

#55     Feb 27, 2004
  6. Did you go with the MFC 9700 yet?

Michael B.

#56     Apr 11, 2004
  7. nitro

nitro

ES,

No because I was afraid that with all my equipment, I would blow fuses when I printed.

I ended up getting just a plain laser that has a lower power consumption. Even with this one, I see the ligths flash on/off in my appt when I print.

If I had stayed at my single family (I had barely enough juice there for all my crap) I would have gotten it.

nitro

#57     Apr 11, 2004
  8. oh well, thanks for your review...I love my mfc 9700. I am enjoying the plasma thread....learning a lot. I take back some things I said about ET...

We have our TV on all day and into the evening. I need the noise...lol. (you should hear the sound level when the AM talk show is on and the TV and then I once had a squawk box....the neighbors here in our apartment bldg have not complained yet LOL)

But those compressed gas technologies for a heavy TV user is not perfected yet...so I am happy with SONY Tube technology......(I am going to get me the biggest Sony I can find!)

Michael B.

P.S. please keep posting your reviews, I find them enjoyable....Heck, now if I could make more, more, more money trading, I could buy more goodies, faster!)

#58     Apr 11, 2004
  9. Catoosa

Catoosa

I pulled additional wires to my computer room from my breaker box and installed 4-plug wall outlets to handle the extra power demands of my systems. It was the only way I was able to handle the load requirements.

#59     Apr 13, 2004