I need a good story....

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by windward, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Mecro

Mecro

You answered your own question

#11     Dec 30, 2003
  2. gnome

gnome

Got any dogs you need to cast off? I take 'em in.

#12     Dec 30, 2003
  3. DK_

DK_

Good questions,

I have done thorough backtesting and found the optimum combination of parameters in terms of a combination of
    1 - minimum-indicator-score required to enter position
    2 - optimum portfolio slices
    3 - optimum profit target
    4 - optimum stop loss
    5 - optimum indicator-based exit timing

The program doesn't include this information (which I keep for myself), however with a little observation (30 days is more than enough) you will see how to trade the indicator profitably.

Giving away the optimum settings means giving away precise portfolio management signals which would cause slippage. A little ambiguity keeps the system from being overtraded and leaves room for your favorite complimentary analysis.

#13     Dec 30, 2003
  4. Turok

Turok

>Giving away the optimum settings means
    >giving away precise portfolio management
    >signals which would cause slippage.

I finally understand why my systems always have slippage - If I would just stop optimizing, the slippage would go away. DOH!!! Why didn't I think of that.

>A little ambiguity keeps the system from being
    >overtraded...

Of course, perfect sense...can't overtrade an ambiguous system after all.

Where have you been all my life?

JB

#14     Dec 30, 2003
    #15     Dec 30, 2003
  6. How about adapting to different market conditions? The best traders adapt to changing market conditions and keep developing new ways to trade.

#16     Dec 30, 2003
  7. Start an advisory service. Very easy. Can't you see the interest already generated by DK and his stalker website? You've made millions so you can tell people that at least. You probably can gross a couple K per months and still trade on the side. And there is so much junk out there that anything you say pretty much will do (buy breakouts, sell breakdownsetc).:p Actually I am thinking about doing it myself , being undercapitalized and having no other occupation. However if I ever do it I will only take a few subscribers :D

#17     Dec 30, 2003
  8. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, stop making excuses and get rid of your bad attitude. There is plenty of money to be made in the markets.

Happy New Year!

#18     Dec 30, 2003
  9. lindq

lindq

Didn't ask about the settings. Asked about the results, either in backtesting or actual trading.

What are your results?

#19     Dec 30, 2003
  10. DK_

DK_

I was replying a question posted by windward, the creator of this thread.

In response to your and Walther's questions.. I'm sorry to have mislead you, but I do not offer a stock picking service and thus provide no backtest or actual history results. My service is access to a proprietary indicator and the output of a daily scan using it. Stock picks require definition of a clear entry/exit system which I do not provide.

Thanks for your time and interest nevertheless

#20     Dec 30, 2003