I need a candid review of FTMO

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Magnificent Quant, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Are you going to double the account ever ten percent? Also, the live account is then 40k. So it goes up 4 times immediately upon passing. Buy it or don't - doesn't effect my bottom line either way, just better than trying to get ten then five percent for a smaller account. Ten percent in a month is ridiculous. There is also a 6 month time limit, makes a difference as well, so there is that.

Also, for what it is worth, the accounts show up as live accounts on Forex trackers. (Although I have heard there is a way to fool them.)

#21     May 19, 2020
  2. From what I see on FTMO it is 10% over 4 months not 1 month and the only other requirement seems to be that 2 of the 4 months need to be profitable. So if you have their max acct size -- $100,000 - that is initially getting a $10,000 profit over 4 months
    here is the text on their website as of today - https://ftmo.com/en/scaling-plan/

"Capital increments on the FTMO account take place in four-month cycles. For a capital increase, the trader has to gain at least 10 added percent points in four consecutive months (i.e., the average of at least 2.5% gain per month). At the same time, at least 2 of these 4 months need to be profitable. If the trader fulfils this, the initial capital of the FTMO account will be increased by 25%. Along with that, the basis for the calculation of loss limits will change accordingly and risk parameters will be loosened. After another 4 months, if the trader again satisfies the conditions of appreciation and the ratio of profitable months, he/she will gain the eligibility of further increase of the capital by 25% of the Initial Capital of the FTMO account. Increments of capital have no ceiling."

#22     May 20, 2020
    tomtr27 likes this.