I must be out of my mind!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cashmoney69, Aug 2, 2006.

1. john99

john99

I started out like you. Paying high commissions and looking at the % gainers and losers. I actaully swing traded biotech stocks that got overhyped, and at the time I knew relatively nothing about technical analysis except that volume was a good indicator. I would know everything I could about the company, and I would read all the news about it that I could. Times have changed, for the better.

Now I trade stocks intraday that are in the $20-150 range(also GOOG) that are volatile and present opportunities every few minutes. Sometimes I trade stocks that I know nothing about, it doesn't matter, as long as there is a trade setup. I would suggest getting some books on TA if you don't already have some. I think a simulated account may be a good idea as well to test strategies for a few months and gain experience. If your going to day trade, you need commissions as cheap as possible, good charts, and fast execution. Keep reading and learning and try to preserve capital.

I don't think I would trade any of those stocks intraday that you listed, because of lack of volume and low volatility. However, MSTR could have a breakout. I would wait for confirmation and make sure SP500 was on your side. I would personally hold off all swing trades until after the FOMC meeting. Good luck.

#41     Aug 4, 2006
  2. I appreciate the humor. I don't even watch TV anymore. I just dial in here and read these threads. You couldn't make this stuff up.

Good one Cash

Steve

#42     Aug 4, 2006
    #43     Aug 4, 2006
  4. ... and just who the fuck are you?

no really, jackass, why create a new ID just so's you can run shit out of your mouth?

coward.

... and for the record, this kid holds the record for the most threads created with the absolutely most clueless posting seen here on ET. Hell, it's like he's not even trying to do the right thing and put some serious knowledge under his belt through sweat equity, he just wants to take another toke from his pipe dream and think about the money that he'll be gett'in paid.

and you say traders who are trying to point him in the right direction are arrogant???

first of, fuck you. you'd better not show your real handle, especially if you are how I thinks you might be.

secondly, if he wants to throw his money into the market, fine.

he should focus on the mini's though, i'd love the added liquidity.

later,

jimmy jam

#44     Aug 4, 2006
  5. ignore

keep hiding, ass-wipe

#45     Aug 4, 2006

6. Friends and Family are going to back you up? LOL Dude you go to a Community College, You're going to need a whole lot more than tuition money to start your HEDGE FUND.

#46     Aug 4, 2006
  7. you are a complete asshole, regardless

for coming on here and making a pseudo of a pseudonym just to talk shit

#47     Aug 4, 2006
  8. come on bitch, give us your real pseudonym

#48     Aug 4, 2006
  9. Oh, you mean as in: "Fuck You!"

you're a complete and total liar, you've probably posted thousands of times ...

... then why you still running shit out your mouth?

so now you're backpeddaling? ... pussy

#49     Aug 4, 2006
  10. ... and is it just my imagination, or did you remove your posts?

hmm

good thing I archived this thread.

later ******, you chump!

#50     Aug 4, 2006