I must be out of my mind!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cashmoney69, Aug 2, 2006.

1. I want to run my own Hedge fund by the time I'm 25. I currently dont have a College degree. Most the money would come from friends and family. :D

2. and you're currently not profitable by your own admission.

Why dont you work on that first before thinking about running a HF? Otherwise you'll just be throwing good money after bad.

3. nkhoi

nkhoi

and running it from your own private island, woohoo

4. First off you have to have a better record. Second most of the $ from family and friends? I wouldn't mix them up in it, but if you do they better be rich for you to make a living.

5. You forgot to say that you also want to be a multi-billionaire before you reach the age of 25 too!

6. nkhoi

nkhoi

as I recall handle Lundy also run family & friend money for awhile ,until the money run out.

7. No offence intended but can I get some of what you're smoking?

8. Don't take this personally, but I don't think you even know what hard work is yet.

Why don't you try complete devotion and time to your goal and then come here telling us that you're out of your mind? Guess what - without an education, you ain't got much. The only thing thats going to get you anywhere without a degree is your drive and ambition. Do you know where you get drive and ambition if you aren't born with it? Through character building - yeah I know its probably something you heard before but its true - you're ganna have to fail, get back up, get kicked and challenged before you make ANY monetary/personal progress (yes your mind and character is what makes you money no matter what you do, the markets are just another means).

Thats just the way it is, you don't get somethin' from nothin'.

You sound like every other "I want it now" kid that hasn't paid any dues and most likely will start crying when things get tough.

9. "Don't take this personally"
    -- Hmm...kinda hard not to when your last sentence ends with "You sound like every other "I want it now" kid that hasn't paid any dues and most likely will start crying when things get tough. ".

News flash, this is a "I want it now" generation, whether you like it or not. In fact, you help fuel the "I want it now" society. Are you telling me that you never went to a fast food restaurant?..that you dont have a cell phone, or you dont download music online?... The world is moving forward.

"Why don't you try complete devotion and time to your goal and then come here telling us that you're out of your mind?"
    -- I sit in front of my computer from the minute the market opens, to the minute it closes, give or take an hr. I dont have to because of my trading style...I choose to.

"without an education, you ain't got much. The only thing thats going to get you anywhere without a degree is your drive and ambition"
    -- Yea, I guess those white collar, pencil pushing, paper shuffling, 9 - 5'ers wont look at me, but I dont care, I dont want their future :) .

#10     Aug 3, 2006