I miss days like today!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GreenDog, Jun 19, 2003.

1. I write a commentary. This is what I recommend every Friday.

And what do we not do on Friday's? WE DO NOT LOSE OUR ASS Make your money and treat yourself to a shortened day. Better yet, get it in your head that Friday is your half-day. The layman works 5 days a week. You work 4 ½. When the layman throws around the kind of numbers you do, then he can treat himself to a half day.

Remember, the last 3 hours of trade are the final 3 hours of trade for the week worldwide. 2/3 of the players are either sleeping or enjoying wine over dinner. Out of the remaining 1/3, half of them have started their weekend early. The last 3 hours are hardest trade of the week. Leave this time for the ADDICTS. Do not give them your hard earned money.

#11     Jun 20, 2003
  2. You shouldn't take days off. You never know when the best days are going to be.

Cumulative Total Return of the S&P 500 Stock Index 1993 – 2002 (1):
    Fully Invested
    + 144%
    Missed 10 Best Days
    + 52
    Missed 20 Best Days
    + 5
    Missed 30 Best Days
    Missed 40 Best Days

#12     Jun 21, 2003
  3. Jeffo

Jeffo

That's pretty humorous because Brandon has been trading a long time and it's obvious you are the newer trader. But I suspect you're pulling our leg anyway.

#13     Jun 21, 2003
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

and you shouldn't masterbate because the Lord frowns upon wasting seed, you might get warts and go blind. :eek:

Brandon

#14     Jun 21, 2003
  5. Way to go Brandon !!!
    Hardly ever see spunk in ya !

I'm gonna tell Toni.

#15     Jun 21, 2003
  6. Magna

Magna Administrator

It's always interesting to me that people who suggest you should never miss a trading/investment day invariably quote the above statistics. Yet for some strange reason they forget to quote the opposite, that is if you missed the 10 worst days, the 20 worst days, the 30 worst days, the 40 worst days.... I've seen the figures, and frankly you would have saved a bundle.

#16     Jun 21, 2003
  7. malcom x

malcom x

i have heard and experienced the two schools of thought for friday's-golf or trade. If you are not down, and the flow is good keep trading. one of my s+P friends says some of his best days are friday afternoons. he trades smaller size and no one isthere to push the market around. he can get in and out easy. if you are down early, friday afternoon is not a good time to press and get even. the only way you can get size on is to try and fade a move-things can get ugly in a hurry. cheaper to play six point scotch at 50 bucks a point. if you are trding hot, keep trading, never break momentum. as soon as your momentum breaks-get out and tee it up.:D

#17     Jun 22, 2003
  8. ok, bad example by using bull mkts as a measure of success.
    My point is that whatever your style thrives off of: volatility, gap openings or closings, etc.. you may miss this on your day off.
    So don't bi*ch on ET about how there "just isn't any vol anymore" when you're on the links and the DJ is up 300 pts.

Be a professional and show up for work for goshsakes!

#18     Jun 22, 2003
  9. do u trade at open and at the close everyday?
    if yes, then why not trade friday?

#19     Jun 22, 2003
  10. Malcolm X happens to be a very good friend of mine and a very respected trader. He has a great mind, incredible feel and huge gonads. He knows what being on a roll is all about. I did not notice you in the pit on Friday afternoon. How was your round?

#20     Jun 22, 2003