I miss Alan Greenspan

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ElectricSavant, Sep 22, 2006.

1. gnome

gnome

Bring back Volker. American needs a Fed chairman with the onions to do what's right for America, not just pander to the liars and thieves in Washington.

#11     Sep 22, 2006
  2. oh..tell Bob to listen and dance too:)

#12     Sep 22, 2006
  3. but Greenspan could take those Washington guys down to size in a heartbeat...(did you ever listen to some of the crap he took)

I liked the guy...

#13     Sep 22, 2006
  4. Mr. Greenspan was a dealer my friends. A dealer of a substance as deadly and intoxicating as crack.

That substance was cheap credit.

As it fueled an oversupply of everything from homes an shopping centers, to vehicles and furniture, withdrawal will be very difficult and painful.

"Credit is dope."

#14     Sep 22, 2006
  5. gnome

gnome

Good thing you like reptiles and dogs... otherwise I'd have to be suspect that you might be totally without redeeming value. :D

#15     Sep 22, 2006
  6. Greenspan..u da man

I hope his marriage is going well and I wish him the best...

The guy is amazing in his 70's...like a wise prophet

Michael B.

#16     Sep 22, 2006
  7. LT701

LT701

greenspan was to America, what a cocaine dealer is to a community

real fun & popular for a while, but leaves everyone worse off for knowing him

Edit: after I posted that, I saw that bilosellhi had already said essentially the same thing

#17     Sep 22, 2006
  8. McCloud

McCloud

Agreed!!

#18     Sep 22, 2006
  9. Yes agreed. From my readings of history that guy had guts to tell it like it is, and crush inflation. Both Ben and Alan are professional tap dancers.

I was pondering this thought. The only reason we haven't had rate increases is due to lack of hurricanes. Seriously, without them, the fear premium left crude, the price tanked, which lowered inflation, and no need for rate increases. Lower energy means less inflation. Reverse those factors and I believe the fed would have kept jacking rates if there had been another Katrina. Call me crazy if you want. :D

#19     Sep 22, 2006
  10. I don't miss his mealy mouthed testimonies to congress. I surely don't miss the way he let himself be used by politicians to support their tax ideas. In fact, that is the only reason they asked him to appear so they could talk about Bush's tax cuts.

His testimony was never required to be given in person. It was to be a written report. Only when congress realized how he liked to play along with them did they ask him to give the report in person.

I also don't miss his lame brain policies. NO way they should have let interest rates get to 1%.

Good riddance to him.

John

#20     Sep 22, 2006