I might regret this ,but HELP

Discussion in 'Trading' started by weld1, Nov 23, 2007.

1. weld1

weld1

toronto trader2, i think ur right. my plan was to go long cisco this morning,but somehow i got off track. it was csco or bidz and i went with msft. stopped out! why msft i don't know because that gap after earnings give me alot of reservations. stick to ur plan always!!!! that gap gives me alot of concern for for tech but i guess its only on stock.

#11     Nov 23, 2007
  2. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

You are trading in a very, very different market as opposed to the 90's.
    We have had 1300 point swings in 8 trading days sessions many times this year. To be honest this is difficult. Over night gaps can wipe you out.. Now maybe you want to buy the stock and hold some puts also. If you good you can make money both ways..

#12     Nov 23, 2007
  3. weld1

weld1

by the way thanks tums , but i just trade a few stocks intraday a little. trying to get my hand back in the game. trying to work out a few issues in my head. when and if that happens i think i can make a few bucks when i'm not working. looking to make a few swing trades long in the next week if we can overcome our credit woes. thanks anyhow...dave

#13     Nov 23, 2007
  4. agras01

agras01

I used to have similar problems untill I quitted daytrading.
    1999 and 2000 was fabulus and then I had a slow bleed for 3 years.
    Finally I gave up and I have been swing trading with small positions since then. I stalk a few stocks and even when I am wrong most of the time I get out with minimal loss.
    I do not trade full time, and I datetrade very rarely.
    I never made any big money daytrading.
    Again that works for me, small positions, swingtrade, stalk stocks, enter at key points, exit at predetermemt levels, look for an exit if it does not work within certain time, try to minimize loses if it goes against me.
    I am sure many others trade differently.

Agras

#14     Nov 24, 2007

5. Argh! Need we remind you that the Geneva Convention is still in effect in this country sir. That thread is cruel and unusual punishment.

:D :D

IF YOU HAVE TO ASK THAT, YOU SHOULD NOT BE TRADING OPTIONS

#15     Nov 24, 2007
  6. agras01

agras01

I'm an "Intraday Liquidity Provider"

I have done this too. lol

#16     Nov 24, 2007

7. hopefully you did this, I went long yesterday.

#17     Nov 28, 2007