I made $7 million USD in 2008

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by arealpissedgoy, Jan 2, 2009.

1. After my first 20 million I was tired too.

#41     Jan 4, 2009
  2. Congratulations!

Now go do some service project(s) where you get your hands dirty & help others. You might paint the little league dugouts or help build a house for Habitat.

I bet that it will make you feel refreshed & give you some good perspective. Remember, I said do, not give.

#42     Jan 4, 2009
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

check out Don Miller's blog.

#43     Jan 5, 2009
  4. You can start writing fiction novels. Seems you have a very good grasp of the concept.

#44     Jan 5, 2009
  5. Money means nothing if your personal life is in disarray .
    Absolutely nothing.

#45     Jan 5, 2009
  6. Perhaps. But it is probably more pleasant than having your personal life in disarray AND having no money.

#46     Jan 5, 2009
  7. Cutten

Cutten

If you feel this, then you're doing something that you don't care much for. Stop doing it, and do something that you feel passionate about instead. If you don't feel passionate about anything, then quit work for a year and travel around, explore the world and life in general, and find your calling before you become depressive or commit suicide.

That may be something in the markets, or something outside it. Until you find something you care about for its own sake, you will never be really happy.

If you don't enjoy trading, then don't do it. Since you now have no need to earn a living, there is no reason to do anything other than the satisfaction it brings.

P.S. note how many of the people complaining about the stress of trading are the ones talking about goals. Those who don't study/practice philosophy, or who don't have extensive life experience, think reaching goals is what gets happiness. That is wrong IMO. Sacrificial goal-seeking is one of the primary causes of unhappiness and dissatisfaction with life. You have to do things that are satisfying for their own sake, and preferably which have good goals attached. Satisfaction in the process is primary, goals are secondary. Buddha figured that out a long time ago, so there's really no excuse for repeating that blunder - especially when the stakes are years or decades of your own life.

#47     Jun 25, 2009
  8. You must have dug for this thread. The guy started it in Jan. and it was the last thing he posted. The last contribution to it was just 3 days after he started it. Wonder what happened to him?
    Don't think he changed his screen name since noone I've read sounds like him.

#48     Jun 25, 2009