I made 100 pips a day for 1 month so far.

Discussion in 'Forex' started by uninvited_guest, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Thats right I have pulled in 100 pips for a month, no losing days, for a profit of 3,000 pips in November.

All I did was pick up a penny off the street and put it in a jar. So far this strategy seems to be working. I hope to repeat it in December.

2. nkhoi

nkhoi

which street(s)

3. Did you trade all 30 days and everyday in November? :)

4. siki13

siki13

Great
    You trade sunday also?

5. Good question. Somedays I took the day off but I made up for it with a two penny (200pip) day. I might start a live journal to prove my returns.

I find it very stressfull going after 100 pips a day though. I hope I can make it through December.

6. Probably you should say 200 pips [=3000/(21-6 say)] a day. :cool:

7. Well done! A more meaningful number, though, would be not your average daily pip gain, but your average daily % gain. As you know very well, that little sucker, in turn, depends on leverage employed.

1:1 --> 100 pips ~= 1% (actually, 0.6 - 1.3%, depending on the currency pair)

10:1 --> 100 pips ~= 10% (6 - 13%)

100:1 --> 100 pips ~= 100%% (60 - 130%)

and so on.

Of course, the lower the leverage / the higher the margin, the easier it is to extract X pips within a given timeframe, stress-free, all else being equal. Whether X is 7 pips or 700 pips.

What was your average leverage, your average daily % gain and on which pairs?

8. tomcole

tomcole

Yet another paper trader who is a paper millionaire. Dont you know its bad luck to talk about profits?

9. If i was making some serious cash, i do not think i would have time to post about it. That's just me though:)

-Kastro

10. Yeah, if I were making 3000 pips a month I would definitely have better things to do!

#10     Dec 5, 2005