I m looking for a mentor

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Doncharles2020, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Fx-Game

Fx-Game

Just my two cents:

Trade only during high impact news, with a good squawk box ...

#11     Apr 8, 2020
  2. Daniel.a

Daniel.a

Do nothing of the above, forget mentors, forget seminars.... since you know not much about trading you would not, be able to ask the right questions anyway... instead. read, study... test, read more... study markets, and then read some more.. spend everyday like this for the next 1-2 years... after that then decide, if you might be of help by some mentors or seminars.... i think only then you can actually absorb any good info and be enough critical in your thinking to filter off the 99% that has no business teaching anyone... what a mentor or seminar is good for after you have some experience, is to get YOURSELF ideas to use in your own modelling.... anyway just my 2 humble cents after a decade of trading... good luck

#12     Apr 8, 2020
    Bugsy, goslow, Nobert and 5 others like this.
  3. This is actually good advice.

#13     Apr 8, 2020
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

If you think you can after the fact see setups on the chart, then we'll go through it, Facebook Messenger or something ( works anywhere in world ), method is as simple as I could find 1 so shouldn't take long for demo profits at all.

The Trick is keeping it simple, not over complicating and not trying to hard to force trades.

I only trade casually, if I sit here and try to make $$$$'s I suck, if I check the chart when free 20 times per day, I generally see 1 or 2 or 3 trade setups and hey presto profit.

#14     Apr 8, 2020
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Here is NQ just, arrows drawn at entry points, SL underneath the BB not to tight in this crazy market, I'm using a 20SL.

the "?" is a possible loss as it broke down through the BB.

Last trade with the ? I see turned up, so small profit small lose, who knows.

KISS to the MAX!!!

NQ just.jpg

#15     Apr 8, 2020
  6. Thor

Thor

All those seminars are big moneymakers....................... for the guy selling them.
    Finding a decent system is like searching for a needle in a haystack.

#16     Apr 9, 2020
    Bugsy, 777 and tomas262 like this.
  7. schizo

schizo

I agree wholeheartedly.

Learning how to trade is very similar to picking up a foreign language.

In the beginning, when you know nothing about the new language, you have no ability to decipher whether a speaker is fluent or not. Even those who speak with the most awful accent would sound good to your ears. This is the same for new traders. There are literally a ton of crappy traders and seminars/coaches out there. You first need to arm yourself with knowledge to not fall victim to scam.

To separate the wheat from the chaff, acquaint yourself with the basics of trading. Read as much as you can. There are many good trading videos on YouTube as well. This will empower you to ask smart questions no other traders can bluff their way around.

More importantly, know exactly what your trading style is. Are you interested in day trading or swing trading? Does it vibe with your personality and your lifestyle?

#17     Apr 9, 2020
    SimpleMeLike and Real Money like this.

8. I would say if your serious enough start by reading one of the market wizards then come back,

Also why are you looking to trade futures? who cares if its futures or stocks or forex?? the end goal is to make money, be careful of being stuck to one sort of instruments, you limit your choices, it costed me 5 years, if i was you, first before learning to trade learn what they all are and pick what you want to trade and WHY you want to trade, which a big part of it has also to do with how much capital you got, put it this way, i know traders with 100k accounts and they do NOT touch futures what so ever

#18     Apr 9, 2020
    comagnum likes this.

9. I would disagree, because sometimes even those non money making traders have good knowledge, they just arent applying it, i have a friend i knowns for 5 years who out does me in info 10 to 1, yet he never practices what he preaches, and many others, put it this way, its like losing weight, many know how to, few do it

#19     Apr 9, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  10. maxinger

maxinger

my suggestion;
    give up looking for mentor even if you are willing to pay $100K.
    no successful trader is willing to teach you even for a fee of $100K.

go attend courses but make sure the coach will trade life.
    after learning, don't follow what the coach has taught you.
    you go develop your own holy grail.

if during the course the coach trades with just one micro lot,
    delete his teaching & decontaminate your mind IMMEDIATELY !!!!

#20     Apr 9, 2020