i love this economy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by blackjack007, Dec 26, 2009.

1. aside from the fact many things can be purchased cheaply, such as cars, i've found there's another outstanding benefit to this shitty economy.

i'm a serial dater and i've noticed that in the last 6-9 months, it has been much easier than normal to find dates with 7's and 8's and higher. with much of the competition unemployed or underemployed, and with many women struggling to pay their bills, the few remaining guys with money suddenly are in high demand. as bad as things are, women still want their designer handbags and other useless stuff, but how many of them can afford a $1500 gucci in this economy?

when the economy was good, an attractive 22 year old women was in the driver's seat when it came to dating. no longer. virtually all the 20-28 year olds -- the age range i'm attracted to -- are unemployed, underemployed, or scared as s*** they'll lose their jobs. they can't depend on their parents because they're struggling too, and many other guys are in the same shoes. finding someone who can give them security is paramount for survival.

there's a silver lining even in this economy. i can live like this for another decade and be very happy.

2. the1

the1

Enjoy it while it lasts. Bernanke has flooded the market with money in '09. Everyone goes back to work next year. It's back to spanking the monkey for Blackjack in 2010 :D

3. [​IMG]

4. bgp

bgp

dont get AIDS.:)

BP

5. gnostic4

gnostic4

every dog will have its day

6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Even a blind pig stumbles across a truffle occasionally. :D

7. "Animal cruelty can be either deliberate abuse or simply the failure to take care of an animal. Either way, and whether the animal is a pet, a farm animal, or wildlife, the victim can suffer terribly. Don’t despair, though—anyone can take steps against cruelty."

http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/abuse_neglect/

8. Are you aware that women are the most expensive vice?

Much more expensive than heroin?

9. i will enjoy it while it lasts, which will be longer than 2010. just to offset population growth, the US needs to create 100,000 jobs per month. and that's just to keep the unemployment rate even at 10%. there's over 15 million unemployed and underemployed workers now. even in the once-in-a-generation boom year of 1999, the economy only produced 2.7 million jobs. it's gonna be many many many years before things get back to 5-6%. for sure it won't be 2010! i have a few more years to milk this cow before i retire my dating career.

10. right o' garcia. A shot glass and a woman's ass have ruined many a promising young man.:eek:

Harry S. Truman: "Two things will ruin a man, Too much money when he is young and whores.":D

#10     Dec 27, 2009