I LOVE the HSI futs!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by riskarb, Dec 5, 2004.

1. TGM

TGM

CFTC = Communist Futures Trading Commission

#51     Dec 9, 2004
  2. You're welcome -- picking your spots on HSI is like cutting a tomato with a chainsaw, you simply can't be too precise -- it's a market Mandelbrot would love. Good luck with it and trade small.

#52     Dec 9, 2004
  3. mokwit

mokwit

Def Just a thought, on HSI is it possible IB could offer the cash index? - would like to know where we are relative to fair value sometimes.

#53     Dec 11, 2004
  4. Incredible

#54     Dec 11, 2004
  5. haha, yes, we've graduated from rickshaws...I hear we're getting colour TV next...

http://www.quamnet.com/fcgi-bin/index.fpl has a free newsfeed, though some stuff is delayed an hour.

HSBC is about one-third of the HSI. Historically, most of the main market gains occur in the December to Chinese New Year period, so should be good trading conditions ahead.

An estimated US$30-40bn of liquidity has just been sucked into two IPOs ...they're oversubscribed 110 and 40 times, and some of that cash will find its way back into the market after next week.

#55     Dec 11, 2004
  6. mokwit

mokwit

Tend not to be official numbers releases during market hours. Official figures are mostly relased outside of market hours. HSI is so erratic that I find he less I try to form a view based on fundamentals the better I do.

As mentioned above a few stocks make up most of the index weighting and it's only 30 stocks anyway. Same as any market - you will see it in the market before it is on the screens. Act with the flow first, find out what it was all about later. Also it seems big players act in the futures ahead of executing big orders in the cash or big calls - running it up to distribute at a higher level - watch out for this - not be fun to be on the wrong side of either way - watch volume patterns.

Be careful on a Wednesday afternoon. Not subjected this to statistical or empirical rigour but if the pending US crude inventory numbers are out of line with expectations you will see it in HSI in afternoon trading session, (maybe with some other numbers also) - or perhaps I need a break.........

#56     Dec 11, 2004
  7. NFA = No Freedom Available

#57     Dec 11, 2004
  8. TGM

TGM

good one

SEC = Soviet Exchange Commission

#58     Dec 11, 2004
  9. good one TGM :) or....

SEC = Social Equalization Concept

or...

SEC = Stacked Equity Consortium

#59     Dec 11, 2004
  10. roger77

roger77

Could some one tell me where to find intraday time and sales data for HSI futures contract. Something similar to globex T&S data file on cme. I checked the Hong Kong exchange website but did not see any data. If 1 minute bar data is available, that will also work for me.

Thanks.

#60     Dec 11, 2004