I LOVE the HSI futs!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by riskarb, Dec 5, 2004.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Your best bet to trade HSI is Interactive Brokers. Mini is not as liquid as big HSI which is also pretty thin.

#251     Nov 2, 2007
  2. Everyone introducing me to Interactive Brokers, I have heard every good things about IB, but also I get confused, my email to them is not replied within 24 hours at business days.

I wonder what is their leverage for I see that Mini Contrat Hangseng Index need HKD 15,000 (that is about USD $ 1800) ? Are they 10:1 for this futures ?

Also in my TWS demo I couldn't find MHI ?

Thanks Again !

#252     Nov 2, 2007
  3. :) Hello, RedDuke !

I have forgotten,
    does IB allow Scalping, do not interfere our trades, and good speed of execution ?

Sorry for asking in this forum, because I really couldn't find the information (maybe 'cause I'm amateur ?) --> how many is the spread for MHI (have you been trading it, or Big HSI) --> In my country leverage for Big HSI only USD 800 (daytrade), spreads 10 - 15 pips, and the commission USD 25 - 50, feuhh..... :(

I have opened an account in GCITrading to trade MHI, just required $ 150 to trade 1 mini lot, but not yet deposited any fund --> Horrorr to heard many bad things about them, horror dealing desk, slowly execution (different from demo), scalping forbidden, closing account, etc..., almost 80% opinion is bad about them. --> Is it true ?

I really appreciate for your help.

Thank You !

#253     Nov 3, 2007
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Suhantoa,

IB does note care about scalping, fof that matter any normal broker would not. You can open and close positions every second if you wish. In fact they would like it becuase every time you click they make commissions.

I live in New York and the avarage execution speed on HSI was about 1/2 second.

Their margins are not small though. Look at their website to see the latest. One thing I learned about IB that it is best to call them, this way you get your answer right away. E-mail works great with smaller ones, with large ons like IB phone is the best option.

Regards,
    redduke

#254     Nov 3, 2007
  5. Hi again, RedDuke !

Thanks a lot for your help,

That sounds good, then I'll contact them
    at Monday.

Thanks ! :)

#255     Nov 3, 2007
  6. ET99

ET99

I just checked HSI (the index) in my TWS. I noticed the index is still updating ????
    I thought the market is closed at this moment.

#256     Nov 5, 2007