I love the greenback...2008

Discussion in 'Journals' started by indahook, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Getting back in the groove..tore it up though.

17 turns...557.60 NET
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

#101     Apr 22, 2008
  2. 6 turns.....634.30 net. Feeling good....felt the swing....both PC`s up and running..one more day til I take it live. And ironically I have breached the 40k number I was looking to gain prior to doing just that.

USD$$$$$$$.......................nothing additional to say about the UUP.

[​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

#102     Apr 24, 2008
  3. Day 1 - Game on

Well, this trade was just too fine to pass up using a sim.

A nice convergence of trendlines. Prior support turned resistance coupled with a 50% pullback after the post report selloff had me watering at the mouth for a short entry. Once price hit the underside of the overhead R it did breach...but came back on two fat tails in a row...I got short on the first long bear tail

Sld 1 @ 1392..stop was set at 2 ticks above that down trendline and tgt was initially set at 1382. But after the breakdown from consolidation I felt it made sense to cover on a long bar. ES did eventually get to my target....pisser.

Done for the day...1 turn

+432.80 net
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

#103     Apr 25, 2008
  4. Day-2

Up 400, down 400..all day long 3 times. Finished down $4.80NET

9 turn chop fest. Bot support..sld res...etc

Just never got any traction

--------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

#104     Apr 28, 2008
  5. 1 - confluence of trendlines post numbers for a short signal..upon entry on a stop I added another sell stop for one more below a tiny consolidation pattern. Both triggered.

2 - coverd 1 on a long candle....coverd 2nd lot after breaching down trendline to the upside.

3 - went long 1 upon breaching second down trendline.

4 - sld 1 after todays px tapped underside of yesterdays low.

Done for day...not trading tomorrow cause of Fed meeting.

3 turns...335.90 net

I dont really have any goals outside of trying not to do anything stupid. Been there, done that....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

#105     Apr 29, 2008
  6. I was super late to the party today. Didnt trade until 1 pm...still fkng with a new pc to get it right.

Anyhow..chopped around. And was literally flat until my last trade....got short upon a trendline break(1)...then the buyers came in hard(2). I do not intentionally look for counter trend trades...I just take what my levels give me. Most of the time they work...sometimes they dont.

Today they did not.

Those buy/sell arrows on the chart are all fecked up...they are off by a bar or two..

Kept losers small..unfortunatly winners never had a chance to make up for them.

9 turns.. -$192.30 net
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

#106     May 1, 2008