I love my 3D laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hajimow, Sep 8, 2010.

1. I think 3D has its merits in visualization. If the 3D screen is combined with virtual reality technologies (data gloves or some 3D input devices) to let users interactively query the data for more details, it can be wonderful.

But making a 2D chart looks 3D by adding shadow or creating an artificial Z depth... it looks impressive in board room meetings with Powerpoint slides. Not practical for trading.

#21     Sep 9, 2010
  2. most of my trading analysis and decisions are based on what i see because i'm
    visually oriented. don't know it would get me further ahead but it would for me be
    interesting to see the price spiralling, i'd like to be able to manipulate and examine
    price charts in '3D' as opposed to flat linearality

#22     Sep 9, 2010
  3. themickey

themickey

In my opinion, whether one, two, three or four dimensional, it's irrelevant for trading.
    Charts may look pretty and offer comfort, but trading decisions should primarily be based on computational mathematically derived statistics.
    This 3D crap regarding trading charts and using that for decision making prior to placing trades is for noobs who want sensual stimulation - feelgood factors and sucked in by marketers ( who know diddly squat about trading) promoting a product which is unfit for the real purpose of trading.
    Sorry for the rant but ....

#23     Sep 9, 2010
  4. My laptop is 3D too!!

In fact, all my laptops are. If they were 2D I wouldn't be able to open the screens. :D

#24     Sep 9, 2010
  5. that's right, this is the Lap top LOL

#25     Sep 9, 2010