i love it - bernacke

Discussion in 'Forex' started by niceneasy, Nov 28, 2006.

1. You're one of those "Peak Oil" guys too, right?

#11     Nov 28, 2006
  2. Peak oil? Heck no... they're making more of it all the time. Just squeeze it out of sand or lift it from 10,000 feet below sea level with contained production costs. We'll be paying $50 per barrel for the next 50 years, right?

#12     Nov 28, 2006
  3. No problem, just wanted to understand the type of person I was attempting to converse with. Now I know, thanks!

#13     Nov 28, 2006
  4. Who cares about reasons . . . shoot first, make up something later on. :)

#14     Nov 28, 2006
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

:cool:

#15     Nov 28, 2006
  6. Peak oil theory assumes crude oil on planet earth is a finite supply commodity. In other words, a limited supply exists per the balance of production versus consumption.

Can we agree that whatever balance(s) of crude oil available on earth right now is all that exists in our timeline?

Let world consumption of oil for next ten years remain exactly where it is right now, not one iota of increase. Can we expect a net surplus of production? How about twenty years? Forty years when we meet for that toast?

Your definition of infinite versus finite supply of oil likewise says much about who I'm conversing with.

Once upon a time, passenger pigeons and american bison were widely viewed as inexhaustible commodities for wanton human exploit. Reality proved otherwise.

#16     Nov 28, 2006
  7. No one's life there was affected?

What are you smoking? These currency movements affect global trade, commodity prices, etc. etc. Very important stuff.

Interesting enough: GDP to national debt figures:

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft...D_NGDP-GGND-BCA_NGDPD-FLIBOR6&CMP=0&x=42&y=13

Decide

#17     Nov 28, 2006
  8. The fed's credibility is a joke. Everyone knows they are in the middle of a rock and hard place. The prisoners are out of the asylum.

#18     Nov 28, 2006
  9. NICE! I think that's the best job description I've read to date for trader or sheriff in the wild wild west.

#19     Nov 28, 2006
  10. Forwards

#20     Nov 28, 2006