I Love Interactive Brokers

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by et_user, Dec 3, 2003.

1. gaj

gaj

ken - it's posted every day, at:
    www.interactivebrokers.com -> resources -> shortable stocks -> u.s. stocks.

you can also download the list to compare, sort through in excel, etc.

#31     Jan 21, 2004
  2. I been trying to find more information about the program wealth - lab. They seem to have this option to trade thru IB. Is this the only broker that works with wealth - lab i wonder... Anyways the post started out as I LOVE IB... I just wanted to say so do i.

#32     Jan 29, 2004
  3. Diode

Diode

#33     Jan 29, 2004
  4. That's one nice bloody donation:

http://sitemason.vanderbilt.edu/newspub/bjfTyg?id=9599

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Vanderbilt University announced today a gift of percentage ownership from Interactive Brokers Group LLC (IBG) to support the Financial Markets Research Center (FMRC) at the Owen Graduate School of Management. Income from the gift-which, on Dec. 31, 2003, had a book value of $3 million-will provide permanent support for the center, funding the maintenance of its databases and providing support for faculty research projects in the area of financial markets.

On making the gift, Thomas Peterffy, chairman of IBG, commented, "We are fortunate and excited to be able to support Vanderbilt's FMRC. They have made important contributions in the impartial academic study and evaluation of various market mechanisms in the past, and we hope that, with our contribution of additional resources, they will be able to continue this work on an expanded scale. We believe that increasing the efficiency of global financial markets may have just as great, if not a greater, impact on the quality of life of people around the world than many more conventional charitable activities. Based on the idea that we'd better stick to a field that we know and understand, we are pleased to make this contribution."

Headquartered in Greenwich, Conn., IBG includes electronic brokerage and market making firms at the forefront of the electronic trading industry. IBG, which includes direct access brokerage affiliate Interactive Brokers and market making affiliate Timber Hill, has been building trading technology since 1977. IBG's global network has grown to connect approximately 450 traders, programmers and support staff located in offices and exchange floors around the world-including Chicago, London, Canada, Switzerland, Hong Kong and Sydney. The group's consolidated equity capital exceeds $1.5 billion.

#34     Jan 29, 2004