I Love Interactive Brokers

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by et_user, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Damn ... you make it sound like the help desk is offering phone sex. Glad it was good for you.

Steve-IB, that must be some training program you've put in place for the help desk! :p

Seriously yes, I've noticed a marked improvement as well.

#21     Jan 21, 2004
  2. et_user

et_user

Sorry, if it came across that way. My intention was to share the truth that IB is the best broker so far. To me, IB is the fourth one I tried in so many years and I'm a happy customer. That's all.

By acknowledging a good product and service publicly, I'm sure motivating IB Mgmt. and employees to excel continuously.

People tend to complain quickly, but complement slowly.

Thanks.

#22     Jan 21, 2004
  3. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Quite true!
    Thanks.
    It is appreciated and I will pass your comments on.

But we will still do our best to get better!

Steve

#23     Jan 21, 2004
  4. Diode

Diode

Huh? Globex currencies are closed 5:00-6:00pm ET, according to both the CME website and my quote provider.

Anyway, Globex has different closing times for different products. Emini equity futures are closed 4:15-4:45pm ET, for example, so there is no one single period that could accomodate all users.

I seem to remember reading that you could make arrangements to connect with a European or Asian IB server if you needed to trade through the US-based server's maintenance period. Perhaps someone else can clarify this.

#24     Jan 21, 2004
  5. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

You can request a server change by sending a mail to help@interactivebrokers.com
    The US and European server shuts down from approx. 2345-0100 EST.
    The HK server shuts down 1510-1600 EST

We are working on a 24 hour system - but its a big project.

#25     Jan 21, 2004
  6. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

How does IB's short list compare with cyber's?

ken

#26     Jan 21, 2004
  7. saxon

saxon

I think a lot of IB customers (myself included) are spoiled a bit. After you're in the big IB tent for awhile, you come to expect a very high level of service. But if you have occasion to try some other brokers as I recently did, I think you will have a whole new appreciation for how far ahead of everybody else IB is in terms of the trading platform (for order entry and management; I do my analysis on another app), account security, and yes...I would also add customer service. Every time I've called them they have been very helpful.

Try the rest, and you'll come running back to the best. Guaranteed.

sax

#27     Jan 21, 2004
  8. saxon

saxon

I wrote to IB management with that suggestion a while back and got this reply from Thomas Peterffy, the chairman of IB (with how many other firms would THAT happen):

We are working on our 24/7 version currently. We serve so many different markets and time zones that there is no easy alternative.
    Thanks,
    tp

#28     Jan 21, 2004
  9. Stang,

You must be coming from Mars! Don't you realize that you are completely at odds with the extensive coverage in other ET threads of the IB feed accuracy?

What kind of measurement procedures did you go through before writing:
    ">> PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH RELIABLE REAL-TIME QUOTES. <<"?

I can't recall a single poster while having indicated his method used to verify timing, who did not rank IB with the sparse top, if not the best. The same applies to your expressed naive opinion on ESignal and Scottrade. How did you measure this? Better go and read what responsible posters said about all this. Don't come back with IB's "snapshot" method, we all know about this. This has also been covered in depth.

nononsense

#29     Jan 21, 2004
  10. zdreg

zdreg

what is the pt. of being angry. common sense would have served you well to check out a minimum balance before withdrawing your funds. maybe it goes together but your comment good competitors with competitive pricing. in this business good routing of orders and good recordkeeping is paramount.

#30     Jan 21, 2004