I Love Interactive Brokers

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by et_user, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Hey D...

Funny I was typing my reply as you posted yours'.

Maybe you need to hire me to moonlight after hours as an IB PR person!? :p :p

Regards...

... and good trading.

Have a great 2004 Def!

M

(Iceman1)

#11     Dec 4, 2003
  2. et_user

et_user

Happy New Year to all. Thanks for the tip on stop method selection. Took care off it instead of default method. IB got some sharp programmers, what a beauty TWS software is.

I do not understand what more folks want from a broker? IB provides excellent interface, fast execution and for a great price.
    A secure communication, $$ safe from hackers, that's about it one can ask from a brokerage house.

Every thing else could be dealt with it like anything else in life.
    Just inertia, I did not move to IB sooner, what a bum I was making my previous broker richer....

I love IB very much. I can deal with IB connection failures now and then. That's part of internet, computers and software combo technology.

If def or any other IB employee reading this mail, wish you all a happy and healthy new year. May all your dreams come true and then have new dreams. Keep up your good work.

Regards,
    et_user

#12     Dec 4, 2003
  3. Thank you for the positive comments et user.

1) Please send a list of the stocks you want to see added to proserve@interactivebrokers.com
    2) Daily reports will come out faster, but it will still be late evening at best. Roll out in a few weeks.
    3) This could be a problem for people with multiple accounts.
    4) I apologize our CSR was not more patient. We are making every effort to improve in this area.

#13     Dec 5, 2003
  4. ges

ges

Here's another wish or two:

Give us a cheap way to transfer funds (ACH?). The banks all seem to want to charge $ for wire transfers and I'm a cheap SOB.

Give us a way to upload a list of symbols to TWS. I know we have the basket and that is nice, but in the basket mode you don't get price updates, etc. I'm sure it shouldn't be that hard to implement a symbol import routine.

g

#14     Dec 5, 2003
  5. expect the new ACH system some time next week. Please check the IB discussion forums for more information. I'll look into uploading the symbols.

#15     Dec 5, 2003
  6. et_user

et_user

IB Salvatore,

Thanks for your response. I'll send e-mail like you suggested. I do not want to list stocks for shorting here, some might not like if the stock is their favorite.

You guys/gals have a great product. As to CSR it does not bother me a bit, I can deal with it because I'm Dad to just turned teenager. If one can deal with teen-age child, they can deal with anybody.. Smile here...

Let me repeat myself, TWS is the best product. I just couldn't believe they way it works. Amazing, hats-off to those at IB who designed and programmed TWS. Please let every IB employee know how much I appreciate the work they have put in. Every IB employee should be proud of working for IB.

TWS makes me get up early morning every day just to come and see its elegant function. What a beauty it is. Folks should step back a moment, ponder and realize what IB has done for the industry. It's a hidden gem for traders like me. It levels the field for amateurs like me to compete with pros at Wall Street. Speed, execution and pricing is leveled with any pro now. All I have to do is to control my trading fear, greed and hope so that I can succeed.

Bottom line, words cannot describe how much I appreciate IB for its great innovative TWS product. Please let every IB employee know...

Happy new year to all. I love IB.

Regards,
    et_user

#16     Dec 5, 2003
  7. et_user

et_user

Recently, I had a bad fill for NYSE market order. IB was very professional, checked time and sale, went to NYSE, got my price corrected. What a professional job IB did.

Thanks IB. Appreciated. Did anyone notice, TWS has been rock as solid for the past month or so...

Thanks,
    et_user

#17     Jan 20, 2004
  8. I've been using IB for a couple of yrs. Never had called them before except for a few questions before I ever signed up for an account. During that pre sign up call a couple of yrs ago the man I spoke with was kind of rude acting. I didn't say anything about it. I only had two questions and he did answer both.

Last friday morning (16th) I had a long trade on and a stop loss in place at NQ 1544.50 I very breifly lost my internet connection with TWS. (most likely on my end)

TWS automatically reconnected and when it was up and running (seconds later) I noticed that my stop was no longer visible. I checked the pending orders screen and it wasn't there either.

After about an hour I closed the trade for a bit of a profit. I figured that that stop might still be live on IB's server. So I had better check.

I then picked up the phone called IB - selected option 2 -questions about trades.

A young man (don't know his name) answered politely and I told him who I was (piker..:D) and what had happened (I was very polite as well) and asked if he could see my stop (it was just a regular stop - not stop limit) residing on IB's server.

He said that he did see it and asked if I wanted him to make it visible in my tws again or if I wanted it cancelled. I told him that I had allready closed the trade and asked him to cancel the stop.(as it turned out the end of day would have cancelled it anyway but I had know way of knowing that for certain at the time.)

He said it's done and thanks for using Interactive Brokers.

I thanked him and that was that. Short - brief - to the point - and still polite.

My phone call to IB customer service on friday was a positive experience.

Thanks IB for whatever his name is. :)

plumlazy

#18     Jan 20, 2004
  9. et_user

et_user

In my case, I know exactly the person I spoke to and he was extremely professional and courteous. Don't know, whether it is appropriate to mention the name here...

I Love IB.

Regards,
    et_user

#19     Jan 20, 2004
  10. Not to nitpick, but will it ever be possible for IB to coincide their daily shutdown with globex's -- 5:30-6:30 pm EST? It's amazing how many times huge currency moves occur right at 11:50 pm or so :)

Otherwise, keep up the great work!

#20     Jan 21, 2004