I Love Brazil

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martin Gale, Jan 31, 2006.

1. .

ShoeshineBoy: Hey, all you Brazil lovers: will you consider starting a thread with the very best in Brazilian music? I'm a World Music lover and hate to admit I know nothing about the subject...

September27 2006

SouthAmerica: Reply to Shoeshineboy

You can learn anything you want about Brazilian music on the “Brazzil” magazine web site. That magazine has a forum where they discuss everything about Brazil including Brazilian music. The magazine also has a lot of article about Brazilian music.

Brazzil magazine:

http://www.brazzil.com

Let me know if you have a problem finding the Brazzil - forum

#21     Sep 27, 2006
  2. LOL not one has mentioned Brazlian booty yet, the best investment on the face of the Earth.

Just keep pumping up Dethanol, who cares about the future generations.

Brazil's ethanol movement was the primary cause behind deforestation of the Amazon. The environmental consequences just piled up.

Ethanol becoming a rival to oil, heh. From one mess into another.

Buy ADM.

#22     Sep 27, 2006
  3. Not only did I find it - I'm in it. Thx for the help.

#23     Sep 27, 2006
  4. moo

moo

Brazil is for suckers. When the western world catchces a recession the commodity-dependent emerging countries will be hurt even more.

#24     Sep 27, 2006
  5. taodr

taodr

#25     Sep 27, 2006
  6. .

Hydroblunt: Brazil's ethanol movement was the primary cause behind deforestation of the Amazon. The environmental consequences just piled up.

Ethanol becoming a rival to oil, heh. From one mess into another.

September 27, 2006

SouthAmerica: Reply to Hydroblunt:

Here are the real facts about sugar production in Brazil.

Sugar production in Brazil has “ZERO” impact in the entire Amazon area.

Current sugar production in Brazil:

Production % by State in Brazil

Sao Paulo 61 %

Alagoas 12 %

Pernambuco 11 %

Parana 6 %

Minas Gerais 5 %

Rio de Janeiro 3 %

Paraiba 2 %

Source: SDR/Sindacucar/Sonal/Sindalcool/Assucal
    http://www.finame.com.br/conhecimento/setorial/gs1_04.pdf#search=""producao de acucar no Brasil""

I am sure you don’t know where the states are located inside Brazil - You can look at a map of Brazil at the following location: (Look under Administrative divisions)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil

Sugar Production in Brazil by Region:

Southeast Region = 69 %

South Region = 6 %

Northeast Region = 25 %

North Region (including the entire Amazon area) = 0 %

#26     Sep 27, 2006
  7. Commodities won't effect them so much as the fact they rely heavily on exports. China, for example, has I believe 50% of its exports going to US. So if we slow down, they're growth will be very hurt. No more 10+% growth/year. Same thing with Mexico and various other economies...

But medium term, these economies are not for suckers. Their fundamentals are very good - some of them are arguably stronger than the US - and their growth far exceeds ours and will for the foreseeable future...

#27     Sep 27, 2006
  8. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

My concern with investing in Brazil is that foreign money is pouring into the country making its currency stronger and consequently hurting the export biz which we so much depend on. Who is going to buy our sugar when our currency appreciates another 50% on top of soon to be inflated sugar prices??? Exporters have been complaing for months now while Mr. Mantega keeps crushing the dollar to hopefully reduce foreign debt while pretending he is action upon the facts with its amazing go nowhere R$ devaluation policy.

I don't know how people are playing EWZ. It's been going nowhere since the high while world etf's are outperforming it ... since its highs. Look at the 5 year bovespa chart and you will see a major correction right around elections. The index almost fell 50% during those times. I am going to load up huge on ewz after elections and perhaps a few good names like RIO, PBR and ARA but I am still concerned about our export numbers going forward.

#28     Sep 28, 2006
  9. TGM

TGM

LOL. Investing! NO. Those shares are just for tradin! Check out RIO and EWZ both are good trading instruments.

#29     Sep 28, 2006
  10. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

Well, in that case, I'd rather play with something that is trending!

#30     Sep 28, 2006