I lost control yesterday (3/11/2004)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fan27, Mar 12, 2004.

1. saxon

saxon

Who told you about this??? I think I am being watched.

:)

#11     Mar 12, 2004
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Agree. Seems like, according to a lot of pesters.....er, uh, I mean posters around here, if you can't trade like Tony Oz, then you shouldn't speak up at all. This IS a message board isn't it? There's no dumb questions or stories if a person is sincere and trying to pick up a little knowledge.
    Keep going fan.....good luck!!

#12     Mar 12, 2004
  3. Fan don't let anyone tell you different ... every single trader has been there.

I've been trading for 20 years and that exact same thing happened to me just a few weeks ago.

Yes, it will happen and I've seen other vets that have been totally disciplined for years then all of a sudden have a few bad days and explode.

Just ask Richard Dennis (Turtle founder).

You just have to accept this as a part of this business as long as it remains an isolated event. THAT'S THE KEY.

I've said it before and I will say it again the difference between the success and failure in this business is how you handle losses.

It's really that simple.

Well it is not the best answer because sometimes you don't realize it till it's to late.

Getting away from your computer and out of the house ASAP does work, when you can do it also when the day is over I find that the BEST thing to do is take the next few days off altogether (This is the hardest part) for me anyway.

#13     Mar 12, 2004
  4. Discipline is the greatest asset of any trader, more so than capital, and once gained, it is your nature. You fight nothing, positively make your choices according to your criteria, and most of all, do nothing when you find no meaningful opportunity.

#14     Mar 12, 2004
  5. "First a rush... Don't understand why. What is it? What is the reason? ....at last completely out of control."

#15     Mar 12, 2004
  6. fan27

fan27

Thanks for all of the encouraging posts so far. No trades today.

Part of the problem (stress wise) has been that I am getting to the point to where I need to start making money to help pay some of the bills (I have been living on savings for a year). I think I am going to get a part time job until trading income covers all of my living expenses.

Have a great weekend

#16     Mar 12, 2004