I loaded up on these Options at today's(2/10 tues) end...

Discussion in 'Options' started by increasenow, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Actually higher prices are expected in crude and the USO options already reflect that so those calls will under perform. This is a good case for a synthetic.

#11     Feb 10, 2009
  2. thanks guys...I really appreciate your time and insight...A lot of you seem to be talking longer term...honestly, I am just thinking exiting tomorrow for a profit...

#12     Feb 10, 2009
  3. Are you serious?

The day before you were paper trading: "realtime demo trading through OptionsXpress"
    and today you traded with real money?

And 'loaded up?' Was that 500 or 1,000 of each option that you bought?

Mark

#13     Feb 10, 2009
  4. GTS

GTS

Asked and answered already - this is a paper trade as well.

Don't ask me what it means to "load up" when you are paper trading, I guess that means he's using a couple extra reams of paper.

#14     Feb 11, 2009
  5. As I noted...I was paper trading through Oxpress demo real time...load up, around 10-60 contracts depending...will focus on..
    SPY
    QQQQ
    GLD
    USO
    ...options...you?

#15     Feb 11, 2009
  6. Me? I NEVER buy naked long options.

I trade only RUT options. These days it's iron condors, sometimes with insurance.

Loading up is a 100-lot, but I seldom load up. No need to take that risk.

Mark

#16     Feb 11, 2009
  7. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

You are gambling! It tells me that you do not have enough education in options. This is not how you trade options. If you are interested, contact me via PM with your email address and I'll send you the pdf file of the best book on options. Before you start experimenting with options you need to have a trading plan (strategy). Buy, hold and see what happens is not a strategy. Serious option traders always describe their strategies in "if -- then" statements to make sure that the position gets properly adjusted on time achieving its desired Greeks.

#17     Feb 11, 2009
  8. With VIX down, how much did you lose?

#18     Feb 11, 2009
  9. 10 to 60 contracts is not what most people call "loading up". From your posts it appears as if you strictly think of options as leveraged directional betting tools. History shows thats not a money making strategy over the long run. Vols getting creamed so are those calls.

#19     Feb 11, 2009
  10. GTS

GTS

LOL, what is "loading up" when you are paper trading?

Its all fake money - does it matter if its 10 contracts or 1000 ?

#20     Feb 11, 2009