I Like The Old Forum Best

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by pspr, Feb 25, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

While the new forum software had a few features that were nice, I like the feel of the old forum functionality. Not to mention that it is rock stable.

Thanks for getting us back to square one, Baron. I hope we stay with this software for a while longer.

2. Amen.

3. BSAM

BSAM

Some people can't tolerate progress.
    Remember when Bloomberg went from halloween black/orange to the new, improved light background, as it is now?
    Remember the "gun" threads here on ET?
    Same thing with the new version of ET.
    People are resistant to change.
    Oh well, here we all are anyway.
    The same way it would have been if the old version would have stayed "gone".
    Nobody was going to leave ET because it was updated.
    I thought it was going to bring more usage to the site.
    There were some cool features.
    The couple of parts most complained about could have been altered.

4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Having an avatar or a signature is not exactly progress. Easy-speedy funcionality is.

Baron used to say (correctly) that Craigslist hasn't changed much in the last 15+ years. Neither did Reddit, if you want a message board for comparison. (and when Digg changed they lost most of their membership) They are both very basic, no-nonse, just plain old text pages.

In short, information and opinion without bells and whistles....

5. pspr

pspr

Functionality and stability have to be the main requirements for most software. This forum is no exception.

I think Baron received many requests to go back to the old forum software rather than deal with the bugs in the new look. He said as much in his post in the announcements section.

6. BSAM

BSAM

Thanks for your opinion.
    In your next post, please provide us all with your definition of definition.
    Thanks.

7. thank God, Baron, Joe it's back to normal

oh! oh! not quite
    just going to update my journal and find there's pages missing since Feb 17 ???

8. Baron has said that posts made while the new system was online have been lost and will not be recovered.

9. At least I got my old threads back.
    The upgrade was an unmitigated disaster.
    Lost threads and lost posts ? What were they thinking ?
    I loved the new features of the new release, but it was worthless without the history.
    And also it appeared to cause slower response from the servers.

10. zdreg

zdreg

where is his mea culpa? will it sound like jimmy carter?

#10     Feb 27, 2013