I like Cramer...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trend Fader, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Dude, you might want to start taking the meds again.

#11     Oct 27, 2005

2. Absolutely agree. I've sent CNBC several emails, but they've done nothing. They got rid of McEnroe and Miller now they need to finish the good work.

#12     Oct 27, 2005
  3. Instead of wasting time on these lame celebrity figures they should have a show about wall street and trading...like getting various opinions and factoids from professional market players..

The great thing about Cramer other than his wild behavior.. is that he has good insight as to how wall street analysis is done.. and he has a wealth of fundemental information in his head... you can actually learn soemthing..

Donny Deuche is a loser and his topic are completely ridiculous.. like who still gives a crap about Dennis Rodman & some fat ass bounty hunter hick.

--MIKE

#13     Oct 27, 2005
  4. cnbc had him on during market hours today, and immediately followed with a disclaimer graphic. i guess he gets special treatment.

#14     Oct 27, 2005
  5. The Mad Man Of Wall Street

He takes a breather to talk about the impact of his obsessiveness on his family. After a catastrophic 1998 that nearly sank Cramer Berkowitz, the fund netted clients 47% in 1999 and 28% in 2000. "I was killing the market when everyone else was doing badly, and yet I was more miserable than ever," he says. His elder daughter didn't want to be around him, resenting him for being constantly leashed to his investors by phone. "All I did was say, 'Be quiet. Please leave Daddy alone. Daddy has to trade."'

:D

Jim Cramer wants to make you a lot of money. He's got plenty himself, so why does he bother?

Cramer has been there and done that. He paid his dues in the '80s as a Goldman, Sachs & Co. (GS ) broker, followed by 14 years at Cramer Berkowitz, his $450 million hedge fund, where he earned an average return of 24% a year after fees. There, he had enough mega-paydays to kiss the Street hustle goodbye forever. With a net worth he says is between $50 million and $100 million, you might think Cramer would be out bronzing in St. Barts with daiquiri in hand.

Instead, he rises at 3.45 a.m. weekdays. After scanning headlines online, checking messages, and shooting e-mails to his TV producer, he works out in his Summit (N.J.) home gym until 5.30 a.m., when he calls traders and brokers and writes his first online story. Later, Cramer carpools his younger daughter, Emma, to school, before setting off on the 75-minute trek to Wall Street. By the time his workday is over, usually around 7 p.m., his driver will have logged 120 miles, Cramer will have banged out six Web columns, done a radio show, and scoured his larynx taping Mad Money, his surreal nightly call-in show on CNBC that is perhaps best described as Louis Rukeyser meets televangelism meets Pee-wee's Playhouse. At some point, he'll work on his monthly column for New York magazine. "I'm hard-core about the market," he says, his bobble-head emerging from a wall of flickering screens.

#15     Oct 29, 2005
  6. short him, it's a new decade and a different trading atmosphere....his post 2000 record has already been confirmed numerous times as being TERRIBLE.

"past performance is no guarantee of future performance"

#16     Oct 29, 2005
  7. I agree that Cramer is a good sector analysis.... but you can go broke if you try to follow his calls as a trader, especially a short term trader. Often times he gives you a buy recommendation on a company, with no time reference, and definitely no risk / reward analysis. To me, you cant be a short term trader and follow his calls..... just listen to him to learn more about economic cycles and sectors. But that is becoming a problem also..... I just cant take anymore of callers coming on and yelling "booyaahhh" and Cramer throwing his chair all the time. I mean what the hell am i watching here, WWE? Its embarrassing!

#17     Oct 29, 2005
  8. CONR

CONR

I agree. I have to believe a lot of people are following his advice and putting in market orders at the open after the stock has been bid up after hours and they get burned because they are buying the top. There are too many people trying to make a quick dollar off his recs. but don't have a clue what they are doing. Cramer doesn't care, he is a millionaire 100 times over.

#18     Oct 29, 2005
  9. Cramer is the man because he called the market bottom!!

100% up room to go

#19     Oct 29, 2005
  10. Star

Star

I find him very nauseating and never watch him any longer and think he is a negative to the average investor. As for those who wish to make trading their profession, it is beyond me why so many people seem listen to others instead of trading on their own research and using their own mind. Especially doing what a person like Cramer says...someone who seems to belong in a traveling cheap carnival.

#20     Oct 29, 2005