I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nitro, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Wik1pedia will lay it all out for you.

#11     Jul 5, 2013
  2. Sorry. Wikipedia will lay it all out for you.

#12     Jul 5, 2013
  3. clacy

clacy

LOL

#13     Jul 5, 2013
  4. zdreg

zdreg

it is always the same nonsensical reply from people at the losing end of a debate. go do the work yourself.
    if wilikipedia has something to contribute copy and paste the essential parts to this thread.

#14     Jul 5, 2013
  5. pathetic

#15     Jul 5, 2013
  6. maxpi

maxpi

I did that s$%t in the early '70's.. up early, hike all the way across San Francisco to possibly get a job moving furniture or something. Had to hike all the way across town to get my check sometimes.. went days without food... It builds character.. No really!

Obama is a complete failure. Taxes went up, people spent less, the economy is dismal and nearing the end of what should be the boom time period of the business cycle. That means things should take a serious turn for the worse in a couple of years. Part time jobs are way up, full time jobs are way down due to the Affordable Health Care act. News is leaking that poor people can't afford the Affordable Health Care! Obama's Muslim Bros in Egypt are deposed even...

#16     Jul 5, 2013
  7. zdreg

zdreg

you don't learn from your 1st nonsensical reply. just copy and paste to support your position.

#17     Jul 5, 2013
  8. Did anyone else notice that all the last names were spanish? Mendoza … Rosales … Centeno … Martinez …

Funny story...I was driving home from Vegas this week and happened to drive through Bakersfield, CA to stop for lunch. Bakersfield is 45% Mexicans and it literally looked like Mexico there. The houses looked Mexican, the stores looked Mexican. People were even hanging their clothes out to dry in front of their apartments like they do in Mexico. I thought to myself...Wow...if Mexico had our money, it literally would not look any more prosperous and bakersfield is actual proof of this. You have tons of Mexicans in one place, in the richest state in America, and they still live like they have nothing. So its pretty obvious to me, that the problem is in their thinking. Working 12 years at a "temp" agency? There is your problem. They don't seem to want to better themselves. Learn the language, study, even learn a trade so they can get a better job.

I feel like most Mexicans just want a job and they are happy with it. They never seem to do what it takes to get a better job. They dont seem to get that if they want more money or a more stable job to look at someone that has more money and a stable job and then just do what they did. Its really that simple.

#18     Jul 5, 2013
  9. ssrrkk

ssrrkk

I agree with most of what you said, except that I don't think being Mexican is the cause. These people were poor to begin with in Mexico before they came here across the border. I think in general regardless of race, poor people are poor because they never learned to better themselves which may or may not have been their choice. Having the thought, skill, and drive to better oneself has a lot to do with one's parents, education, and upbringing, in addition to personal choice or will.

#19     Jul 5, 2013
  10. maxpi

maxpi

I knew a guy, was a Cuban, he took over a manufacturing department. He found that the Whities were paid better. He then tried to get Mexicans to learn new skills and earn more. He said they were reluctant to do so!

#20     Jul 5, 2013