I Know Absolutely Nothing About Day Trading...Where Should I Start?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by clclark007, May 17, 2012.

1. Thank you for being serious. It sounds like this isn't the vehicle for me.

#31     May 17, 2012
  2. limau2

limau2

1. yes, if you really want it.
    2. you start by choosing a forum or a blog to follow - to get some idea or get some free advice.. but I think following several blogs is a good move. Best traders are not in herds like a forum, but they go solo like a blog.
    3. minimum 5-7k, but bigger account MAYBE better.
    4. Start with SIM, testing your idea...better do naked first - without indicators - then add if you really want some indies
    5. choose your vehicle : ES, TF..I personally like CL
    6. It will take you about 3 years to know some, another 2 years to understand some, and another 2 years to have a real edge.
    7. Only you yourself shall know if you really will make it or not. Nobody else can do it for you except giving some advice.

Peace.:cool:

#32     May 18, 2012
  3. mokwit

mokwit

By the time you can do it you won't want to do it anymore.

#33     May 18, 2012
  4. Handle123

Handle123

My Goodness, this is so TRUE. Takes so many years to find out you are your own worst enemy. What you think you see on your screen is pure emotions of fear, fear of it going up/down/sideways, and if you try to trade without rules, you will develop fear. Then take more years to get rid of the fear, all along thinking you are trying to find the fastest entries, as you gain experience, you find after awhile, speed doesn't help you, only knowing what is the next rule, at least for me.

#34     May 18, 2012
  5. danielc1

danielc1

Trading attracts all sort of people to it but trading is just hard enough, to sort out the not so devoted guy or girl... it's just a pitty it comes sometimes with a lot of loss of money and time before you realize it is not something you want to do.
    If I have to started it over, I would search for someone to teach me the ropes of trading. It will save you a lot of time and money.
    But that is not only in trading true, that is every business/career true.
    So if you feel strongly about it, ignore the + 19 posts about how hard trading is and just go for it. It's worth it.

#35     May 18, 2012
  6. Paddler

Paddler

This is a heart-to-heart advice. Listen up closely as I won't repeat again.

Beg Mr. Jack Hershey to mentor you personally for six months. Note that you have to beg many times and show your sincerity to be super-rich. If you succeed, you will for sure become a millionaire by then plus equipped with knowledge and skills to extract almost every drop from the market's offer for the rest of your life for whenever and how long you like to trade. You could set a low target for the first year like a million dollars a month. By the end of first year, you will trade with no fear, anxiety or anger because you always know what will happen in the market as it will be flawless, noiseless and free of anomalies to you.

Do not be naive and think that you can do it by reading his posts in ET. Heart to heart again, I swear that you won't be able to figure out the subtleties inside his writing except for a few people including ...ahem. Ask around here and you will know.

God bless you become a millionaire in about six-month time. Sux all the poor guys. Good luck.

#36     May 18, 2012
  7. please do , i missed it the first time around.

:D :D :D

s

#37     May 18, 2012
  8. Paddler

Paddler

Too bad. I have removed the contact information and suggestions to get Jack hooked. You have no luck to be a millionaire. Flipping burger is a good vocation.

:p :p :p

p

#38     May 18, 2012

9. cruel...just plain cruel :D

#39     May 18, 2012
  10. Let's see....my last losing day was April 25th of this year (so I know what I'm talking about) and I do not analyze randomness...I agree the market is random 90%+ of the time but there are properties that are non-random and can be exploited...also called an edge...

so you see all you really need is an edge (which is usually a composite of several tendencies) to compete with the big boys..

edit: a deep understanding of statistics and probabilities is a must

#40     May 18, 2012