I Know Absolutely Nothing About Day Trading...Where Should I Start?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by clclark007, May 17, 2012.

1. Post-clip of the day...

If only I would have believed this some years ago.

You see, those making the big money right now HAVE put in the years and as there's only a finite amount of money to go around any money you take from the market is money that should be theirs. Do you think they're going to allow that?

#11     May 17, 2012
  2. If you are truly serious, and willing to endure some honest and public soul searching for the collective good, start a thread in the psychology forum titled "Al Cibiades Mentors CLClark" or some such and I will help you. Why there? Because that is what it is all about. The only inhibition to immediate and enduring trading success is normal everyday psychology.

#12     May 17, 2012
  3. There are literally thousands of posts about it on this site. Go read them first.

#13     May 17, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

There's not one chance in a 100 he's here to learn anything.

I've seen these types of threads dozens and dozens of times.

#14     May 17, 2012
  5. Bob111

Bob111

first things first-how much money do you have to play with?
    (to day trade stocks from home,using retail account-25K is absolute mininum(read about PDT rule).30K -should be enough to start.
    what will happends to you(mentaly and financially) if you lose it all?

#15     May 17, 2012
  6. Assuming that you aren't completely full of sh!t, I would find another 9-5 that you can be happy with. If then, you want to start trading, then start, but it will take years.

#16     May 17, 2012
  7. emg

emg

8. get a demo of a trading platform and see if you can figure anything out on it. dastrader.com offers a demo and gives you a paper trading account, which would be a good starting point if you want to jump right into it without actually jumping right in with real money

#18     May 17, 2012
  9. Isn't it the other way around ?

#19     May 17, 2012
  10. sharpen your Crayolas.... this is fifth grade stuff

#20     May 17, 2012