I kid you not, I am buying some land

Discussion in 'Trading' started by C- kid, May 28, 2008.

1. There are dozens of reasons for buying land, but there is one reason for not buying land: property tax.

You think you "own" the land, but the government owns your ownership, the government loves to let you think you "own" the land while it collects money from you.

Never ever buy land. I am seldom serious, but this time I am, because I am in the middle of the two poles right now. I am often bi-polar, you know.

#11     May 28, 2008
  2. Park a cow on it or grow some shit and get an ag exemption on your taxes. Pay something like $500 total taxes on a 100 acres.

Kid, I am with you brother, land IS a good investment for many reasons, too many for me to list here. Where do you live, and where are you looking?

#12     May 28, 2008
  3. axehawk

axehawk

Who is your grandfather, Duddy Kravitz???

#13     May 28, 2008
  4. great movie, by the way

#14     May 28, 2008
  5. Perhaps your grandfather isn't as wise as he sounds.

Why buy land just to buy land? If you are a profitable trader, wouldn't it make more sense to keep that money in your account and use it for trading?

There is nothing wrong with putting all of your eggs in one basket as long as you watch over that basket. Most people don't have the time or desire to watch over their basket, so they are forced to diversify.

#15     May 29, 2008
  6. My godfather said , "God isn't making any more land." He neglected to realize arab shieks are..Palm Island for one.

#16     May 29, 2008
  7. C- kid

C- kid

I won't buy US land, I hear too many military tests all over

I am buying land in interior British columbia

see attachment, for those of you who never left US to visit your weird cousin up north, you may not know BC has some pristine land

but 99.99% of people don't know, there is a secret LAB up in interior BC somewhere, they do god knows what, and its a join venture with USA, those guys don't respect laws, so its a good idea not to be near them

#18     May 29, 2008
  8. C- kid

C- kid

by the way guys I am originally from Mongolia, we have love hate relationship with the land

we love it cause it gives us life, but we hate it because it gives us gas

#19     May 29, 2008