I keep missing setups ! Argh !

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by zanek, Dec 30, 2009.

1. How do you know that, Traderzones?

#11     Jan 13, 2010
  2. zanek

zanek

TraderZones is the biggiest loser I've ever seen on any website. He trolls almost every thread and posts the most negative stuff.

Its best to put that troll on ignore. What kind of loser repeatedly posts negative comments everyday to every thread he can find. Ugh

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions. I opened an account with Tradestation and I'm using their RadarScreen right now.

Only problem is, the TA charts they generate are much different than the ones eSignal does. For instance, even the basic ones (MACD, Stochastics, etc), will be postive, while in eSignal, they are negative for the same time intervals and input params.

Also, I'll check out Linnsoft too

#12     Jan 14, 2010
  3. GG1972

GG1972

If you are using charts for setups then i d guess increase your real estate and use multiple charts --i use a combination of eSignal and broker charts.

Trade-ideas is also good.

"Only problem is, the TA charts they generate are much different than the ones eSignal does. For instance, even the basic ones (MACD, Stochastics, etc), will be postive, while in eSignal, they are negative for the same time intervals and input params."

One word of advice--always confirm the chart one final time before placing a trade--one time I placed a trade in a fast moving Momentum stock without realizing that my data feed had stopped 10 minutes earlier. Needless to explain the rest of the situation.

"I'm wondering how everyone else does it. Do you just stick to a few stocks and constantly troll them through the day for a good setup ? Do you use a scanner ? Or something else ?
    "

I was in same boat as you so I started concentrating on only about 12-15 stocks which worked really well for me and as I got more expereince I kept on increasing my list but even now its a max of about 25 or so--I look for anywhere from 1 to 4 trades a day but averaging only 2-3 nowadays. Most of the stocks on list fall off as time goes on during the day--either they dont behave as I expect them too or its not enough time left in day for them to act and I still miss setups after all this--so dont feel bad about it too much as long as you have a realistic goal of catching setups.

#13     Jan 17, 2010
  4. Try using a standard deviation around your triggers as a tool to giving you an advance notice. On TS I use audible alerts on all 50-60 stocks I monitor.

#14     Jan 19, 2010
  5. No.Heat

No.Heat

Sweet Jesus you get on my nerves why are you so negative all the time ?

Seriously you make the Scrooge look like a great guy.

No Heat

#15     Jan 19, 2010
  6. GG1972

GG1972

haha have you seen the guys post count -- if you pay attention you can always make out the guys trying to spread misinformation and disinformation just with the intent of confusing the general public cause they feel threatened that since they cant make it, they need to take advantage of these boards. Look at his over 5 k posts if he has contributed anything useful to any board

Thats from another thread he posted on--probably stopped the guy dead in his tracks LOL WTG

#16     Jan 19, 2010
  7. zanek

zanek

Thanks, I'll try using the std deviation on TS. I'm currently using the Text to Speech audio alerts which are pretty useful.

#17     Jan 19, 2010