I just want to trade profitabily

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by fxstudent, Jul 23, 2010.

1. fxstudent

fxstudent

I am starting this thread for one reason only to help me become profitable. I have been trying to trade for 4 years, I spent a ridiculous amount of money on education. I feel like I know a lot about the market but I know nothing about how to trade it.

I have no idea where to go from here, so I will start at the beginning. Right now the beginning is a blank candlestick chart on it I have drawn in support and resistance levels from the daily time frame through to the 1 hour. I have done this on the ten majors.

I do not know what to do after that!!!

So I am hoping that someone here would help me.

2. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get rid of nine of them and focus on one, things will be ten times clearer.

<*)))><

3. I agree with WF. You want to start small, and then gradually build it up. Looking at 10 charts simultaneously may be a bit much.

Looking at one, on the other hand, may be too drastic.

I would suggest to maintain 2 to 3 major ones. Not sure what you trade. But you said "fxstudent" I assume that's Forex. Then may be the USDEUR, USDJPY, USDGBP before venturing into others.

4. Read more books. Attend more seminars. There is light at the end of the tunnel for those willing to work hard at it.

5. Seminars are expensive alternatives for people who are too lazy to read.

6. BSAM

BSAM

This is a really funny post.

7. BSAM

BSAM

Is the original poster desperate or is this thread supposed to be a joke?

8. you can read as many books as you want or attend 500 seminars, you wont get anywhere unless you actually put what your learning in practice. By that i mean, demo, demo, demo. Its like someone trying to learn how to fly and you tell them to attend seminars and read every book about flying, but at some point you have to develop a feel for the market and the only way you will do that is to practice on demo. Even if you have 50 dollars to throw in a live account, do it. Build on your strengths and work on your weakness.

9. If its futures I cant help, but if its stocks and etfs I can help you,send me and email

10. Illum

Illum

Well you are 4 yrs closer. F it. Barrel down you got this by now. In that time, you must be able to have a niche in this thing. Inside you, you have more answers for what you have to do, then me and most on here, with less time in. You got this.

#10     Jul 24, 2010